22 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 1)

Start from the beginning

He stepped back. "No, no, it can't be..!"

The click. That stomach churning click.

Rohan exploded there like a literal bomb.

You covered your mouth to keep yourself from screaming. There was no doubt that Hayato's father was Kira at this point.

You thought you were screaming for a second when you realized it was Hayato. He was crying really hard. You wanted to hug him so badly - he was just a child. He's blaming this mess on himself.

And more than ever did you want to see Kira's dead body laying on the pavement.

Footsteps.

You ran around the concrete fence to the other side.

"Geez, Rohan better be here soon."

Shit! That was definitely Josuke's voice. A lump formed in your throat as you pressed your palm to your hand. Don't cry. Don't cry.

And of course, wherever Josuke went, the rest of them - Koichi, Okuyasu, Jotaro - usually followed. And this time around, they all did. Just the people you wanted to see.

Wait, you thought, this is a good time to write about this! So, You jotted down KQ's new ability.

"Killer Queen ability number two:
Implants self within target. Anyone who looks at target is turned into a bomb and detonated on site.

Ability Name: unknown "

Looking through a little hole in the wall, you could see that they approached Hayato. "Hey kid, have you seen a man named Rohan anywhere around here?"

You could hear Hayato gulp. "W-well...Actually, I have places to be--"

"They can wait." That stoic voice was definitely Jotaro's.

Silence, and then some rustling. Someone was shifting standing positions. "Um, are you alright?" Asked Koichi.

Silence again. This was probably a good time to step in.

You ripped out the page you had written Kira's new address and ability in, folded it in half, and stepped out from behind the wall.

You walked right up to Hayato.
"Y/n? What are you doing here?" Asked Koichi. Josuke said nothing, but you could tell he was a disgusted by your presence. Please don't tell them that I'm Kira's 'subordinate', you hoped.

"Hayato, get up," you whispered as sweetly as you could. He looked at you for a second before getting up from a crouching position. He was holding a box cutter.

You stuck out your hand and pointed at the box cutter, then opened up your hand again, motioning for him to place it in your hand, which he did. You placed your other hand on his shoulder.

You waved the box cutter at the group. "Step back," you urged. "STEP BACK!"

"What are you doing?" Asked DIO. You told him to be quiet.

"Y/n, calm down," said Okuyasu as they all stepped back. You jabbed the knife at him. "FARTHER!" Hayato was trembling under your grasp.

"Y/n, what the fuck!? Again?!" Asked Josuke. You only frowned. "FARTHER!"

At this point, they were pressed up against the fence on the house across the street. You surprised on how easy they were cooperating.

You grabbed Hayato's shoulders and looked into his eyes when you felt it. You saw Killer Queen before it went behind your eye.

"Y/n!" Said DIO. You ignored him. You were surprised that he was obeying your commands too.

You tossed the piece of paper to Koichi, which he thankfully caught. And you also handed the box cutter back to Hayato, then shoving him away. You didn't want him to get hurt anymore than he already was.

"Thank you for everything," you say, through the tears that were now streaming down your face. "You all made my stay in Japan worthwhile. Tell my parents that they did, too."

"Y/n, what are you talking about?! Answer me!" DIO practically yelled.

"Y/n, what do you mean by that?" Asked Koichi. You simply smiled. "Thanks again. I'll see you all again soon."

The click.

Pain, then Darkness.
---
Y/n exploded right there in front of everyone. And she did it with a smile. She went down a fighter. Hayato lived that terrible reality yet again.

Jotaro only stared. But the rest of them screamed her name.

Josuke ran over as fast as he could, hoping that he could salvage some part of her. His hands ran over the ash-dusted concrete, hoping he'd come across something, anything to bring her back.

Tears plagued Josuke's eyes. She was worse than hurt. She was dead. And he broke her heart before she died.

He never got to say "I love you" one last time.

"F-fuck! This can't be happening!" He cried. Jotaro put a hand on his back as if to say, "there's no use. She's gone."

Hayato sobbed harder and louder.

"I'm sorry, babe, I'm so sorry..."
---
"Sweet mother of Jesus!"

You bolted out of bed drenched in sweat. Your chest heaved like it had never felt the taste of air.

"What a weird dream!" You ran your hands through your hair. "God, when I meant if I was dead, I didn't mean like that..."

"Maybe that's your punishment," said DIO. You rolled your eyes. Of course he made you dream of that. Your eyes wandered to the clock on the side of your table.

"Aw, shit! I'm late!"

You bolted out of bed faster than light. Little did you know, like Rohan, you had bitten the dust.
---
A/N
Me: *posts gomennasai*
Y'all: *slams hands down on table* WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
Me: *rubs hands together* I gotchu fam

-Mom