What If God Was One Of US? Finale 3

Start from the beginning

Slash said: " It's going to be fine, he's going to be all right.

I should have insisted Prince not go through with the race.

I felt even worse knowing it was my relative that did this? But why would she?

Suddenly, everything became a blur that moment.

I found myself losing consciousness, my body whimpered. That is when I heard

Slash call my name "Athena!" I closed my eyes and blacked out!

When I awoke, my eyes began adjusting to the bright lights shining above me.

I heard voices around me saying: "Alex Alex are you OK?"

I then convinced myself, it was a just nightmare!

Nothing happened! I thought.

But when I finally opened my eyes, I realized, it was not a dream but  reality. I looked up and asked: "Where is my husband where is my husband I need him right now!"

"Alex I'm here; I turned to notice mom standing by my bedside. Then I turned to see my father standing above me!

It had been ages since I last saw my father.

"Dad! what are you doing here?" I asked shocked to see him.

 He smiled and said in a whisper: "I know it's been a while but I'm here baby I'm here."

I said I had a terrible dream daddy that something happened to my husband;

 Silence followed.

" What happened to him?" I asked mom.

 She clenched her fist but didn't say a word. I swallowed hard it must be bad I said to myself.

Is he dead? I asked, tears welling up in my eyes. I yelled: "Mother is he dead?"

Mom took in a deep breath, she said: "No!" 

Alex you need your rest baby!

No mom tell me, where is my husband? Where is Prince?

"Hmmm he is okay baby, listen your dad is here and...." Just then a uniformed officer walked into the room.

"Can we please have a word with...."

My mother shot a dark stare back at the officer.

"Jesus, people, She just got out of a coma, and you want to interview her? My God people!"

"This would only take a minute, Ms. Do you know why you cousin would want to hurt your husband, what do you know about her ties to the Turks and Caicos?"

No....I replied flipping my head."I do not know." I said quietly. Then I asked:

"Officer why did she do it?"

"She may have been paid to take him out and....

"Okay Officer, I think that is enough Doctor!" Mom yelled. "Can you please leave?" Mom said pointing to the hospital room door.

The officer nodded and said: "fine we will be back."

As he walked out the door, he said  "Hope you feel better Madame," 

He nodded, placed his notebook into his pocket and walking away.

 I turned to my mother and said: "I need to see him, mother. where is he mom?please tell me where he is."

Mom did not say a word.

"For crying out loud mother, I need to know."

 I pushed aside the covers, rose out of  bed barefoot and ready to find my husband.