"I'm not here to be insulted by you so if all you want is someone to degrade and insult I suggest you look elsewhere," she bravely said.

She had no idea who she was messing with but that didn't stop her from defending her self.

"Fine! I'm sorry," he mumbled the last word.

"What was that? Couldn't hear you," she said, "Come closer."

He sighed, rolling his eyes as he walked closer, "I said I'm sorry."

She smiled in victory and began walking again, "I'm not kissing ass to get friends. I'm 'kissing ass' because I have manners unlike you."

"You just want to get that little ass spanked don't you?" he asked making her eyes widen.

She turned to look at him and said, "Maybe I am."

They continued walking, this time in silence since all they could really do was fight every time one of them spoke.

"I think you should know I have never apologized for anything, ever. You should feel special," he said.

"I'm glad my manners are rubbing off on you," she smiled.

He scoffed and crossed his arms in front of his chest, "I hate apologizing."

"Why? It's not your losing a limb everytime you apologize," she asked.

"Why should I be sorry? I didn't do anything wrong if what I said offended you that's not my problem. Stop being so weak-minded," he growled.

She stared at him for a couple of seconds. Her eyes going from his eyes to his furrowed angry brows then down to his lips. Instead of fighting back and going against his statement, she laughed and looked away.

"I'm not going to fight with you anymore. Just know that in a week, I'll have you apologizing for even raising your voice at me," she confidently said.

"No you won't," he rolled his eyes.

"Bet."

"One week," he reassured.

"Okay," she smiled as she continued walking.

"So tell me... actually don't tell me I already know the answer," Jason said chuckling to himself.

"No, what were you going to ask?"

"I was going to ask if you have a boyfriend but by the looks of it the answer is no," he said looking down at the floor.

She gasped as her jaw dropped, "What the fuck does that mean?"

"That you obviously don't-"

"Are you calling me ugly?" she asked.

"No, never," he quickly replied.

"So then?"

"I don't think any guy could handle such a handful like you," he said.

Her jaw was still dropped open and for a second she had to think about what he had said and decide if there was a compliment hidden in that offensive remark.

"There's a compliment in there," she finally said.

"There is," he replied. They continued walking and for a second she thought that conversation was over until he spoke up again, "Of course I'm sure a guy like me could handle you."

"Mhmm sure," she mumbled.

"I'd put you in your place," he said.

She laughed and turned to look at him, "Is this your way of flirting?"

"Maybe."

"I think you're complimenting yourself more than me," she said.

"Well I'm so great because I could handle an intelligent, know it all, blunt, beautiful girl like you," he said brushing her hair behind her ear.

She smiled before looking down. Chills ran down her back as she felt his fingers barely touch her ear.

He sure was different, cocky and rude but that just made her like him more. The only problem was that she couldn't tell if he was being serious or just playing around. Surely a drug deal would have no interest in a girl like her, mostly is she is everything he called her and more.

She spoke too loud sometimes, never kept anything in, got into fights she wasn't even a part of and sometimes acted like she knew more than everyone else. Half of the time she did know more, she was the smartest girl around.

Even though these were the things that made her difficult to deal with she knew that whoever fell in love with her would be willing to deal with that and much more.

Of course, it might've been a little too early to tell if he really liked her but she knew that she could keep this going and someday he'd confess his love for her. Or maybe not, after all, he was insensitive and as far as she could tell, emotionless.

They joked around while asking each other a few more questions. She tried to keep from asking him about his work but her curiosity wouldn't let her. Just as she began to speak up and ask a question, Jason's phone began ringing.

She tried not listening in but she had to. Jason hadn't said much but he had agreed on a time which she was guessing was when he was going to meet the person.

When he got off the phone he turned towards her and said, "I have to go. I'll see you around."

"Okay. Is there a way I can get a hold of you?" she asked.

He looked around nervously before looking down at her, "It's better if we didn't share information."

"Well-"

"Don't take it the wrong way... I want to keep you out of my world. I want to keep you safe," Jason said.

"Okay," she said, "be safe, yeah?"

"Yeah."