chapter 11 - A Spirit Here That Won't Be Broken

Start from the beginning

Kassandra: (voice over from 4.09 Queen Death) "My brother's soul is in that pendant. We need to bring him back."

From 4.10 "Phantomesque", in the coffin room, Rebekah and Freya stood next to Elijah's body.

"His original body is where he belongs," Freya told her. "And now that his mind is stable within the pendant, I can bring him back. I just need a large enough sacrifice."

"You're thinking what I'm thinking?" Rebekah asked.

"We use Auria and Lindsey's weapon to kill the Hollow, save our brother," Freya answered.

From 4.10 "Phantomesque", in the cemetery, Auria, Marcel, Luke, Lindsey and Ryan were in Lafayette Cemetery. Auria and Lindsey were standing at the alter, coating the thorned stake weapon in the Hollow's and Nicola's blood so they could remake the weapon to where it would harm Inadu, reverse engineering the blood to try and find a cure for Caitlin.

Marcel placed a tray that contained vials of venom on the alter next to them. "Venom from Tory, Kacie, Mikayla, Hayley, Riley, Luke and Ryan, in case you guys need it to make the weapon all-powerful to kill the Hollow."

Ryan nodded. "Added with her blood and Nicola's blood and your magic, it should kill her."

"If we can get close enough to use it," Luke told them.

"That's why we have Nicola Salvatore, the Huntress immune to magic, stab the all-powerful witch," Marcel told them. "If anyone can get close enough to kill Inadu, it's Nicola."

"And a weapon like this being used to kill something like Inadu, it would create a massive surge of power," Lindsey told them. "A strong enough sacrifice than can bring Elijah back from the dead, and then some."

Auria was thinking. "Like Davina."

"You're saying there's a chance to bring your friend Davina back?" Ryan asked.

"Might be a chance," Auria corrected. "Her soul may be too shredded for me to bring her back even if I used the power of the Hollow's death, if we can kill her. But I have to try."

"So you're saying don't get your hopes up but have a little faith?" Luke asked. "Story of our lives."

From 4.10 "Phantomesque", in Noah/Caitlin's apartment, Noah and Caitlin were lying in bed.

Noah was holding Caitlin's weak form in his arms to keep her awake so she didn't fall back into a coma. "Auria and Lindsey are reverse-engineering the Hollow's blood to find a way to cure you. We're gonna save you. I promise."

"The Hollow is unlike anything we've ever faced before," Caitlin told him. "We can't do this on our own. We're going to need all the allies we can get. Or else this fight's over before it starts."

From 4.10 "Phantomesque", outside the penthouse building, Kassandra looked confused as to how she got there, looking at the penthouse building in front of her.

"Confused as to how you came here, Kassandra?" Inadu asked. "I lured you here... again, without you knowing. What if I told you that I already brought Lucien back to life and mended his mind?"

From 4.10 "Phantomesque", in Lucien's Penthouse, Lucien was inside a circle of salt, trapped there, shirtless, in jeans. He had the same slit mark on his hand that Inadu did.

Kassandra rushed inside, shocked to see him. "Lucien."

Kassandra tried to walk into the salt circle, but couldn't pass the barrier.

Lucien was just as affected to see her as she was to see him, but he was no longer twisted from mind compulsion, control, or a hex. He was himself. "Kassandra."