"What was that for?" He asked, panting as he had chased me, "I wanted to walk around with you."

I rolled my eyes at him, "You were a little busy with, Kate."

"Just rearranging some plans since we have the camping trip this weekend." He chuckled, seeming like it was funny, watching my expression stay straight-faced.

"I have to go to class." I told him, about to walk away until he grabbed my wrist and shook his head.

"Did I say something wrong?" He asked, making eye contact with me.

I shook my head, "I've been out for a while, let me go."

"Can you call me later then?" He asked, running a hand through his hair- he looked nervous.

"Yeah, sure whatever." I mumbled, finally walking away in annoyance.

• • •

Groaning as I walked up my porch stairs, I opened the door and kicked off my shoes while placing my bag on the coat hanger, tiredly walking into the living room, to see my sister and parents sitting on the couch, smiling at me.

"VANESSA!" I screamed in excitement, attacking her in a koala hug.

"LAURA!" She screamed back, stumbling back onto the couch, making us fall over.

We laughed for a few minutes until we finally stood up and looked at our parents who were smiling at us, "We'll give you two a few minutes to catch up." Mom said, walking away while whispering something to my dad.

"I thought you were coming Friday!" I squealed.

"I was!" She chuckled, "But I just couldn't wait to come and now I get to stay longer!"

"I'm so excited! We have so much to catch up on, I missed you so much, it's literally insane!" I smiled.

"I've missed you have to!" She smiled, "How was school today?"

I rolled my eyes, "I hate school, let's not talk about that, how's Sean?"

She blushed extremely hard and smiled, "Really good, he actually wanted me to tell you he said hi, and he hopes you're doing well."

I smiled, "Don't worry, I'll come down to Seattle soon to visit you guys."

"You better! we finally bought a house just last month. It has a spare bedroom and everything! We needed more space since the baby is comin-"

Wait, baby?

"What!" I exclaimed, feeling my eyes start to water as she gasped and started laughing.

"You're pregnant?!" I squealed, holding her hands in mine.

"Shhh," She chuckled, "Yes," She smiled, "But don't tell mom and dad, I wanted to surprise everyone at the camping trip."

"I'm so beyond happy for you, Vanessa!" I smiled wrapping my arms around her, "Let Sean know I feel the same."

She smiled and nodded, "Thanks sis, now let's go up and start packing."

Walking up the stairs, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. Ross had texted me.

I sighed and replied;

I angrily shoved my phone, into my pocket grabbing both suitcases out of my closet

"Whoa what happened, just minutes ago you were all happy and excited and now you're all angry and upset." Vanessa asked, observing my facial expression and actions.

"It's nothing." I said bluntly, placing both suitcases onto the bed.

"It's something." She said, sternly, tugging my arm to stop doing what I was doing and look at her, "Talk to me."

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to her, "It's seriously nothing."

"It's Ross isn't it?" She asked, I turned to look at her almost as in shock at how she knew that.

"How'd you know?" I asked, shyly.

"Well," She chuckled, "I think you like him."

I groaned and fell back onto my bed, "I don't like Ross!"

"I think you're lying to your older sister." She frowned.

"I don't like Ross." I told her, although apart of me couldn't make it come out confidently...

"Fine then, what's it about?" She asked.

"He keeps lying to me." I told her, "It's a long story, but the most important part of it is that he's lying to me, and doing something behind my back."

She was about to say something, but my mom yelled from downstairs, "LAURA COME DOWN!"

I groaned, "I probably forgot to wash dishes or something." I joked.

"Good luck." She chuckled, "We're continuing this conversation once you get up here."

I nodded and rolled my eyes, running down the stairs to see my mom pointing at the opened, front door.

Ross, leaning against my door frame with arms crossed in front of his chest.

"We're going on a walk." Is all he said.