She kissed my check and walked away.  I watched her walk away from me, and my heart sank in my chest.  That girl was in more danger than she could ever imagine.  She was shy, timed, and adorable.  The perfect combination to get your self killed out here.

I showed up at the bar where Mac was cleaning the off the bar.  I walked over to him and sat down. “What can I get you David?”,He said in his normal friendly tone.  “Just get me a bottle of scotch.  The whole bottle.”,I replied.  Mac seemed to know when something was bothering me.  I kinda wished he’d just mind his own damn business sometimes.

He finally got me to talk about what had just happened to me.  “Wow thats, strange Dave.”,he said after I was done.  “Yeah I know Mac.”,I didn’t know what else to say.  I stayed for a few hours drinking and thinking about that girl.  How could I not?

I thought I’d never see her again.  I even made it a habit of walking the same street to the bar ever day.  About the third week of walking to the same street at the same time I finally gave up.  I just hoped that she was happy where ever she was.

About a week passed ever scents I saw her, and I still couldn’t get her out of my head.  I walked the same street to the bar religiously.  I started dreaming about her every night.  Mac told me I needed to forget about her, but he didn’t understand.  I wanted to see her again...no I needed to see her again.  I needed to know her name at lest.

I was just about to give up on finding her forever when I saw her.  She was sitting at the bar at Mac’s place.  She looked as upset as she had when she left.  She was sitting alone, looking into an almost empty cup.  It was a site that broke my heart.

I started to walk over to her when I saw a guy sit next to her.  He was telling her something but I was to far away to hear.  “Please go away.”,She asked him in that shy voice.  The guy ignored this and put his hand on her hip.  She pushed his hand off and asked him to leave again.  But this guy was persistent, he tried a third time.  “Please sir.”,She begged.

I couldn’t watch this any more.  I walked over to them, “Is this guy bothering you ma’am?”,I asked.  The girl seem to recognize me instantly.  “Look buddy why don’t you mind your own damn business.”, The man said.  “I was talking to the girl thank you.”,I replied.  “Yes.”,she replied softly.  I looked at the man who was still trying to bother her. “Come on babe you haven’t even given me a chance.  I’ll be gentle I promise.”

I had, heard about enough and punched him in the face.  He hit the bar hard, but came back up with a heavy swing left.  I staggered back into a table.  The man ran at me with a bar stool.  I kicked him in the chest to back him up, I grabbed a bottle of alcohol and smashed it over his head.  He fell in the floor and I walked back over to the bar thinking that was the end of it.  That was a mistake.

The man hit me with a sucker punch knocking me to the bar. He pined me and said,”Your going to regret you ever spoke up pale.”  Then he put a knife to my throat.  I thought that was going to be the end when Mac came up with a gun and pointed it at the man. “Get the hell out of my bar!”,he screamed, a look of anger on his face.  The man dropped the knife, put his hands up and slowly made his way out of the bar.  I grabbed my hat and dusted it, “Thanks Mac.  But I could have handled myself.”,I lied.  “Right.”,he replied sarcastically,”What can I get you?”

I told him I’d have my usually bottle of scotch then looked at the girl.  “Well, we can’t keep meeting like this.”,I told her in hopes to open conversation.  “Why are you so nice to me?”,She asked as if no one had ever treated like I have.  “It’s hard to be curl to such a sweet girl like yourself.”,I answered as Mac came back with my drink.  “Now.”,I continued,“Whats a nice girl like you doing in a city like this?”