"Anak." Dad went to his knees so he could reach me better and hugged me tight. He caressed my back as he whispered to my ear. "This is for the best. The company's unstable. Your Lola has been very busy."  Binitiwan ako ni Daddy, just so he could look at my face. He wiped as much of my tears that he could while he was also crying silently himself. "The members of the board are arguing every passing day. They want to take over the Montellado Group. I want to make sure that your share will be safe. Ayakong mapunta sa wala ang pinaghirapan ng Mommy mo. Please understand, Iha."

"I'll think about it." I relented. Nahihirapan din si daddy. Making him see that it wasn't affecting me that much, and that I was ready to consider it, could make him worry less.

Tumango lang si Daddy, a sorry, small smile on his lips. He pecked my cheek affectionately bago siya tumayo at lumabas ng kwarto ko. He would probably go to Lola and tell her my decision.

Nagkulong ako sa loob ng kwarto ko. I had no plans of going out. I coukdn't stop thinking about what has happened and what will happen in the future.

Kaya ko bang pakasalan si Storm? That sweet, sweet guy. Alam kong the moment na malaman niya ang tungkol dito, papayag agad 'yun.

He never said no to his parents. He never said no when it came to me. He loves me like a sister. Yun lang ang love na meron kami.

Platonic.

Pero ayoko rin namang mapunta sa wala ang pinaghirapan ni Mommy at ng mga tito at tita ko. Montellado Group was their life. Halos doon na nila binuhos lahat ng oras at pagod nila. But despite of all of those things, our company was still not strong enough. Strong enough to stand and operate on its own, without the help of outsider companies, but not strong enough to shoo the termites within. A reason why hours later, Lola came to see and talk to me.

I didn't realize I feel asleep crying until one of the maids woke me up and told me Lola was waiting in Dad's home office. I quickly dressed properly and went to meet her. I checked the time and immediately got anxious since it was already late, ten in the evening to be exact.

"Winter." Lola breathed out when I entered the office. "I know your dad already told you about the company's situation."

I flinched. Lola didn't even try to ease my down first. She was always straight to the point.

"Yes, Lola." I answered, my voice small like always when I talk to her. "He told me about the marriage also."

Tumungo ako, the floor suddenly more interesting than Lola's face that put pressure in me the more that I look at her.

"Iha, I'm begging you. Please say yes." She said. Her voice sounded tired. "For me and for all the Montellado's."

Nag angat ako ng tingin. I was suddenly taken a back when I saw Lola's face. She was already teary eyed. That... I haven't seen her like that, ever.

I couldn't understand.

"Why Lola?" Kinakabahan ko nang tanong. I glanced at Dad but he was looking outside so wala akong nagawa kung hindi ibalik ang tingin kay Lola. "Is there something far worse than what I already know?"

Lola nodded hesitantly.

"The company's very unstable as of the moment, Iha. There are more problems regarding it. The board members are all against your cousins taking over their respective companies. Gusto nila na sila na ang magpatakbo ng mga iyon with the pretense na hanggang mag legal age lang ang mga pinsan mo. Which I don't believe." The look in Lola's eyes hardened. I was again in front of the strong matriarch of our family. "Our family owns all of it. Kami ng Lolo at mga Tito at Tita mo ang nagpakahirap para mapalaki kung ano man ang meron tayo ngayon. I cannot let anyone take all of those companies away from your cousins."