"I'm sorry Misaki but I need to use the restrooms," Takumi stopped their dancing.

"Ok," Misaki answered still not back to a comfort zone around him. She could use a moment away from him. 

"You can go get a drink I'll be right back."

Misaki watched as Takumi walked to the bathroom. A drink was indeed something she needed right now. Her chest was feeling all weird. She went over to a bar to get a drink.

"Give me something strong."

Maybe that wasn't a good idea since the last time she drank too much she ended up with Takumi in her apartment. She changed her mind.

"Give me something light to drink please," She told the bartender who began to prepare her a drink. Finally, she received her drink and one taste of it made her nerves calm down.

"Did he leave you already?" A familiar voice asked.

Now her nerves were back up.

"What do you want Mitsou?" Misaki questioned her ex. Her example of someone who she didn't want to date again. When she looked his way she now saw the brunette clung around him. Great! Just great.

"Hi, you must be Misaki? I've heard so little about you," The woman chuckled along with Mitsou.

"There wasn't much to talk about dear," Mitsuo answered coldly to trying and hurt Misaki but he didn't know how much she just wanted to knock him out then tell his date now she knew enough about her. 

"Hmm...Now that I think about it you really did upgrade honey," This woman continued to try and make Misak feel insulted. 

"You really cleaned up well miss Ayuzawa. I thought I'd see you in those ugly clothes you usually wear."

"Well she did come from a poor family honey," Mitsou joined in laughing. "Her mother wasn't able to support her."

That's it! You can try to disrespect and insult Misaki but you do not speak about her mother. A woman who gave her all she had. Did Mitsou forget where he came from? His family wasn't any better.

"I'm giving you two one chance to move from around me," She warned them, putting her glass down.

"Or what?" This woman challenged her.

"Firstly I don't know who you are but you claim to know me. A little yea right. How do you know what clothes I wore?" Misaki scoffed at what this lady said she was. "I get the impression I was more than just a small conversation."

The unnamed woman huffed and looked away from Misaki. Whatever, I gave enough insults as he asked me to. How lame, she thought about Mitsuo. 

"And you Mitsou, don't forget the boy who had holes in his shirt and begged for food. I'd rather him come back."

His future changed but why did he try so hard to ignore this past?

She was proud of her growth in life. She would tell the story from beginning to now without sugar-coating anything. Misaki wasn't ashamed of where she came from. Suddenly, she wasn't angry with Mitsuo. She felt bad for him.

This breakup had nothing to do with her, it was all about him and his insecurity. He was trying to outrun his past and anything that reminded him of it. 

He wanted to bury the old Mitsuo and Misaki knew everything about him.

"Ha," Misaki softly chuckled at her realization. He needed to gain confidence himself just like her.

A/N: It's still midterms for me and I'm dying on the inside (x.x). I promise I will update more after midterms. These exams hit my mood so hard. Changed a lot from this chapter, took out a lot. Old ending below...

 Misaki leaves the party after arguing with Mitsuo. A/N: I also changed the argument. 

They were riding in a limo back to the apartment. Takumi knows she is upset. Here comes the rain. They go somewhere, start throwing mud. 

Misaki fell to the ground tired. Her dress covered in mud. "Was I worth it?"

"Yes," Takumi answered kneeling down in front of her.

"Why are you helping me? You don't even know me," She stated to him. Why would he help her?

Takumi ran his muddy hands through his hair. "Because I like you."

Misaki frowned. "You are just supposed to teach me."

"And now I'm going to make you fall for me," Takumi said to her.

And scene.

IG: violet167_ff