chapter 2- Having a Flashback

Suzy's POV

I woke up startled as my phone rings, indicating I'm getting a call. I roll over, and ignore it, wanting to catch some more sleep before the guys call. WAIT, THE GUYS. I sit up, grab my phone, and see 10 notifications, all from different people. I see 4 of those notifications are calls from Javale, so I call him as I get up from the bed. "Why the hell weren't you answering your phone, Suzy? You had all of us worried. I was just about to call your dad or something!", I roll my eyes before apologizing. "Sooooorry... I was just taking a nap. I had a bad test day in pre-calc, and wanted to forget it for a while", I can imagine him nodding because I don't hear a reply for a few seconds.

 "It's cool. Just don't do that again. You had some guys thinking the worst girl", I roll my eyes, thinking about how the guys were acting with their dramatic ass reactions. 

They always thought the worst whenever I didn't answer my phone. It annoyed me most days, but I understood why. We were all close, and they treated me as their little sister. If anything happened to me, I knew they would be heartbroken. It's always been like this since day 1 since I got to meet them. People don't understand why we are all so close, but it's because we are all like a family. 

"So can we FaceTime or something so I can see you all? I wanna talk this out, and try to plan it all out for Thursday? I'm reaaaaally nervous", I hear a chorus of "sure", "yeah", and "mhm". We set up the camera's and soon I see most of the team. There on the screen was; Javale, Steph, Dray, Zaza, Andre, Patrick, Ian, and even Shaun. Some guys were missing simply because of family duties, or busy schedules. 

We all exchange hello's, and soon we start planning. "Alright, so how the hell are we doing this?!", Shaun shouts from the back of the group. "I mean, I'm gonna get to the airport at 6 pm or something like that on Thursday morning, so I need someone to pick me up. You know I don't trust cab drivers...", they all nod remembering the incident I told them about a couple of months back. I shudder just thinking about it before snapping out of it and turning back to the camera. "I think I can call Ayesha, and ask her to pick you up or have someone else...maybe his brother can come to get you?", Steph looks at me for approval. I nod and think of what could be best. "I don't know if Mychel would wanna bother picking me up, I always feel so guilty bothering him. Plus, I'm not even sure if he is going..". 

The guys roll their eyes, and Dray begins to speak; "Shut up, he is going, and will agree in a heartbeat if you ask him. Especially since it's for a surprise for his bro". There was a point there...

That family was close as can be. They were always around each other and supported one another no matter what. Especially with Rocco(his dog) needing a baby sitter so often. Have you figured it out yet? Yes, the player I was trying to surprise was Klay Thompson, shooting guard for GSW. He was considered my best friend, even brother at this point. I considered all the guys my brothers, some I even joke and call dad cause they treat me like one of their children. Although Klay was something, and he understands me like no one else. Then again, we do have the same personality; both quiet and reserved, we don't like much attention, and we focus closely on things we want to accomplish. For Klay, it's basketball, and for me, it's school. We always got along since the first day we met. I giggle as memories come back to me, and snap out of it as I remember the guys are waiting for an answer.

"Ok, you are right. Try to ask and figure out who will pick me up please, and let me know. I still have to pack even though it's 5 days away. I gotta remind my parents, and get my brother to agree to get me to the airport. OH, and before I forget to remind Ayesha to text me if I don't talk to her today, I have to ask her something". Steph nods, and we all talk about the finals, some of their families, including new additions of babies, and my school work. The conversation lasts about a half-hour before I finally say goodbye. It was Friday, and I wanted to get most of the assignments done before I had to leave next week. I look over at my half-empty suitcase still in the last place I left it from the last trip I took to Oakland.