Chapter 2

This is just a tiny chapter, but I hope you'll like it.

Feedback is always welcome :)

Chapter 2

The station is already very crowded, and the people keep on coming. Everyone wants to catch a glimpse of all the tributes, or dead meat as I also like to call them, because let’s face it; they’re all lambs waiting to be slaughtered, all but one of course.

I’m following my mom like a little puppy, trying to makes sure not to lose her in the crowd.

You would say she isn’t really hard to miss, with her pink cotton candy shaped wig, her fuchsia coat and the loud ticking of her heels, but the problem is that everyone here dresses that way. Everywhere I look I see pink; even the men have at least some pink accents; everyone looks alike. The worst part of it all is that I fit this scene perfectly too with my stupid pink outfit.

But I do not, in any way, feel like I belong with them.

I like to believe that I’m not so shallow and money and power based.

I like to believe I actually care about other things than following the latest fashion trends and hearing the juiciest gossips.  

I talk about them as if they’re strangers instead of family and ‘friends’, but that’s because in a way they all are strangers to me. I don’t really know them, and they most certainly don’t know me.

It’s hard not having one single person I can truly call my friend, having a person I genuinely like and one who likes me back as well, not even my family seems to really love me, not that I love them, but it’s a sad thought nevertheless.

 But then again, I don’t think love exists here; the only things people seem to care about are money, power and entertainment.

And their entertainment just arrived in a silver high-speed train. The train stops before the platform and opens its door; revealing the two tributes of district one, their two mentors and two escorts.

 I didn’t even bother remembering their names, but listening to all the cheers and screams of the crowd I come to know they’re called Glimmer and Marvel. My mom and I found a good spot right in the front, so we can see everything clearly. The ones that don’t have a good spot keep on jumping up and down in hopes of catching a glimpse.

The tributes of district one and two are always the Capitol’s favorites, since they win almost every time and since they’re the ones who make the games even ‘more exciting’.

Marvel and Glimmer are gone by the time the next train arrives. Everyone starts cheering and screaming again the moment the door opens and a blonde boy and a brunette girl walk out, followed by their mentors and escorts, mom is clapping her hands excitedly and is squealing like a little spoilt brat who’s getting a new car.

They smirk arrogantly and the crowd is loving their cocky attitude, but in no time they’re out of sight.

We all stay at the station until the last train has arrived, soon after the station´s running empty because everyone is heading for the big hall to chat about the tributes and eat pastries and whatever more. Unfortunately mom and I are heading there too; we’re walking along with the others like one large herd. 

The hall is not very far away, but because my heels are killing my feet, it feels like miles.

I really don’t want to go, because that means I’m ought to be social, and I do not feel like pretending to like them all day, but I still slowly saunter after my mom with a long face nevertheless.