Chapter 2

Daniel's POV

I sit at the back of Ms. Lenard's language arts class waiting for my best friend Gabby to arrive.

She walks in a few minutes later with her friend Maddie trailing behind her laughing at some joke. I gesture for her to come over but she isn't paying attention, ugh. She chooses a seat in the middle of the class and sits with Maddie.

"Hey bruh." Seth, a close friend of mine takes the seat beside me.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I think I should be asking you that." He smirks at me.

"And why's that?" I play dumb.

"Come on it's not hard to tell that your totally into Gabby."

"Were just friends." I remark with that very common saying.

"Friends my ass. I could see you trying to get her attention as she walked in with Maddie."

"She has a boy-"

"DANIEL", Ms. Lenard directs her attention at me.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Gabby turn and look at me (of course now I get her attention).

"Yes ma'am?" I reply casually.

"Pay attention young man and quite the charm-routine, doesn't work with me."

"I think I'm pre-" I stop mid sentence as Seth elbows me in the ribs.

"Yow." I whine as he covers my mouth with his hand to prevent making a scene.

"You should be thanking me, plus Gabby was looking our way." He whispers.

"Detention after school, Daniel." Ms. Lenard announces as she catches us talking again.