Acknowledged - Akutagawa Ryuunosuke x Reader

Start from the beginning

------------

"Akutagawa, I have returned back from my long and painstaking mission!" You announced flamboyantly while strutting into the establishment. Most of the members of the Port Mafia didn't even spare you a curious stare, rather accustomed to your rash informality with the dangerous, unpredictable man. "Did you miss me?"

You ducked as the snake-like extension of his coat rushed past where your head had once been positioned. Ah, what a close one. Your ability would miraculously allow you to regenerate your head, but it would take a couple hours and leave your body troublesomely immobile during the healing process.

"You're an eyesore." He growled lowly, or near demonically for lack of a better adjective.

"Sheesh, I know, I know. You've already told me that countless of times. But honestly, how can you just judge me so quickly without actually getting to know me?" You sighed before looking at him expectantly. "Just hear me out, please. Pander to my whims and hang out with me for a bit. Just once."

"Leave me alone." Akutagawa hissed and before you could blink, you had collapsed to the floor. There goes a leg.

"Oh, now that's just mean." You complained half-heartedly, pushing yourself upright by the hands. Trembling slightly, you managed to balance yourself on your one remaining leg. "Don't you know how long it takes to grow back a limb?" Undeterred, you began hopping towards him, cautious to not trip in the puddle of gradually accumulating blood.

He exhaled through his nose in annoyance. You were a very, very tenacious pest and it was infuriating. "Doesn't it hurt?" (He certainly didn't ask that out of concern though.)

"Of course it does." But I've grown somewhat used to it. You smiled wryly, your countenance succumbing to a pained grimace every so often. "But I guess it doesn't matter as long as I can regenerate, right?" You groaned, peeking at the grisly crimson trail you left behind. "Ugh, whenever we clash, I get blood everywhere. Must be a pain for the janitors to clean up. Akutagawa, you should just give in and join me sometime. It'd be less of a bother for not only you, but everyone else."

"Never." Your body toppled from the force of his violent shove and you found yourself kissing the ground once more. "Next time instead of your leg, it'll be your head."

His gaze was ghastly.

It should have been perceived as forbidding in normal standards. But you were always an eccentric, even amongst the colorful individuals of the Port Mafia. Your ability had provided you with the opportunity to become well acquainted with physical agony. Thus, you were (stupidly) unafraid.

You were foolish to believe that you could cope with this mentally too.

------------

An unprecedented rage emanated from that familiar hunched figure and manifested itself explosively in an unprovoked attack.

You hadn't yet said a single goading thing to him.

Flying forward from your chair, you ricocheted against the ground and rolled several meters before impacting with the sturdy stone wall. Rashomon's head protruded from your chest, an assault from the back.

Strangely, thankfully, you had not been taken aback by this sudden onslaught. Your guard instinctually was up as it always was (or rather, must be).

Unfortunately, Akutagawa's rampage had not yet ceased and this time, you were dragged by your leg (the beast's teeth were lodged in your thigh) and sent into the ceiling. Gravity nonchalantly pulled your frame back to the earth and your spine collided with the concrete floor.