"Please"

"What will I get at this time?"

"When you reach Mumbai it will be around 5AM and I guess you will get vada pav in road side stalls."

"It's not good for health, Madhu"

"With pudina chutney" she added completely ignoring his reply.

"Fine" he knew his wife won't listen to him.

"I reached hospital safely. I will call you back once I'm done with the doctor. Bye. Love you"

"Yeah, take care. Love you too"

--0--

(Few hours later)

"Mom" Rishab rushed to his mother, Radha and held her hand, nervously.

"Oh thank goodness, you are here. Madhu was asking for you"

"Where is she? And how is she?" he asked glancing at Madhu's parents. He gave Malik a nod and Padmini a smile which she returned.

"They have just taken her to the operation room (OR) and she will be fine."

"Is Mrs. Kundra's husband here?" a nurse asked walking out of the OR.

"Yeah, it's me." Rishab took a step forward. "Is everything alright?"

"Your wife wants to see you so please wear this mask and scrub and enter in. She is waiting for you"

"Oh, okay" he nodded and then turning to his mother he gave her a nervous look.

"Rishu be gentle with her. Don't lose your patience and scold or shout at her, okay?" Radha advised.

"Mom, I am just going to see her and say "Hi" to her. What's there to shout at her in this? And I am not stupid to shout at her when she is going through so much pain" he said.

"I know. I am just warning you. Oh God! I can't wait to hold my grandson first."

No one knows that she is having twins!

"No way! I'm going to hold my son first. It's Madhu explicit order and I am going to strictly obey it."

"Oh okay! She is really sweet and sentimental" Radha smiled feeling proud of her daughter in law.

"That she is. Now you have these vada pav. She asked for it but I don't think she will eat it now so you guys share and eat." he said handing over the small bag to his mom and made his way to the OR wearing the mask and scrub.

--0--

Rishab felt so out of place while walking into the OR. He found his wife lying on the leather table in an awkward position but had her body covered with a sheet.

She looked so tired and pale yet she looked sweet and beautiful to him.

"Hey" he said as he placed a gentle hand on her head. She opened her eyes and faintly smiled at him. "Come closer" she whispered tiredly. When he leaned down she tightly enveloped him in her embrace. "Thanks for coming"

And I have a surprise for you!

A big surprise!

And I hope you don't get mad at me for hiding about the baby!

"Where will I be other than being with you?" he asked. She smiled.

"Is it paining bad?" he asked knowing it was a stupid question. She nodded as unwelcomed tears rolled done her cheeks.

"Don't cry, not my strong girl." He wiped the tears off and kissed her forehead.

"You will be alright, Madhu. I will go wait outside?" he asked her.