He arched a brow. “Wes?”

“My boy… this guy I’m sort of dating.”

“Sort of?”

“Yeah,” Rowyn said. “He’s amazing.”

“Do what you need to do. I’m going to go splash some water on my face and then I’ll be right here waiting, okay?”

“Okay.”

She could hardly believe any of this was happening. Her dad was here in the flesh and he wasn’t planning to take off at a moments notice. She had her father. She had Wes. Everything as falling perfectly into place.

She knocked on his door and it didn’t take long before it swung open, a flustered looking Wes behind it. He stuck his head out, blocking the space between the door jam and the door with his body. “Hey, baby. What’s up?”

Rowyn shone as bright as the sun. Her excitement was palpable. “Wes, you’re never going to believe it.”

Damn she was cute. She was like a little kid about to rip open a Christmas gift. “What am I never going to believe?”

“My Dad is here.”

What? He hadn’t expected that. “That’s great news.” He stepped out of the apartment, shutting the door behind him.

“The best part is that he says he is going to stay for a couple of months. Months! I haven’t seen my dad for that long since forever.”

“I’m so happy for you.”    

“I’m still coming to the party tonight.”

After everything he was going through, she’d better be coming tonight. “Even better. What do you have going on today?”

“Well my dad said that we could do whatever I wanted, so I thought maybe he could take me to the beach and then for lobster.”

A loud crash came from the apartment. She stepped forward but he was quick to sidestep, blocking her.

“What was that?” she asked.

He played dumb. “What was what?”

“That crash.”

“What crash?” 

“Is everything okay?”

“Everything is fine, don’t worry.” He ran his hand through her hair, grabbed her chin with one hand and gave her a kiss.

“I’ll never get sick of that,” she said.

“Good. I’ll never get sick of doing it.”

She smiled. “I should go.”

He stepped back. “Of course. Go have fun with your dad and I’ll see you later, okay?”

“Yeah,” she said. “Okay.” She spun back around. “Are you sure you’re alright?”

“I’m just about perfect.”

After she walked away, he headed back inside the apartment where Keaton was crouched down with a hand held broom, gathering ceramic pieces from a lamp that had fallen from a table and shattered.

“What happened, bro? That almost got me busted.”

“The lamp decided to end things and jumped,” Keaton said sarcastically, sweeping the shards into a dust pan. “What do you think happened? The small army of people you hired aren’t exactly being careful.”