Rona and Chris Nova didn't love each other. In the slightest really, Elodie was always confused as to why they married. It made them bad parents, but not bad people.

The storm that had gathered after last Thursday's argumenhad only seemed to grow. She was expecting a hurricane from the two. Soon.

But she hadn't expected it to be this dramatic.

Like she hadn't expected to see Archie hooking up with Ms Grundy this morning.

Like she hadn't expected it all to happen today.

She reached the bottom of the stairs and frowned at her parents, sitting across the open floor plan in the kitchen. .

"Honey, sit, would you?" Rona patted the expensive kitchen stool chair lightly.

Elodie entered the space and sat down uneasily.

"What's up...?" She frowned at them, trying to gage the situation. Was she in trouble? Did they have something for her? No one else was awake except them.

"Elodie darling, your father and I... We... We're getting a divorce" Rona got straight to the point.

Elodie blinked.

"A divorce?" Elodie asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes. We decided that we've simply fallen out of love, and that this arrangement was only causing you and the kids pain" Chris explained.

Elodie couldn't handle this right now. It just brought on another headache. So she asked the only question she thought was important:

"Who are we staying with?"

"Well, actually..." Chris looked to Rona and they exchanged a glance.

"That depends on you. We're allowing you to chose, and naturally, I'm sure, the other children will follow" Rona nodded humbly.

Elodie laughed sharply at her parents irresponsibility. Of course, they were so incapable of being parents that they were putting all the responsibility of choice on her. Typical.

"I'm going out" She chuckled bitterly and stood up, her head spinning with the endless new information: first Archie and now this.

"Elodie!" Rona scolded. "This is serious! We have to talk about this"

"Oh we will! Just not now!" Elodie shot back from the doorway.

"Fine, but be safe!" Rona called out

"And be home before dark please!" Chris added, but she was already long gone.

The two parents looked to each other and sighed.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

With a bag slung over her shoulder, Elodie made her way to the Blossom mansion.

She hated the dark mansion, it gave her the creeps, but she needed to talk to someone, and since she was boycotting Archie, Jason was obviously her next choice.

As she climbed up the steps to the door, something felt off. She knocked on the door lightly.

No answer.

She could hear a soft sobbing coming from inside.

Frowning, Elodie took a Bobbie pin out of her blonde curls and picked the lock, allowing herself in.

She was greeted by the sight of a soaking, sobbing Cheryl, a crying Ms Blossom, and a grief stricken Mr Blossom.

Elodie's heart dropped into her stomach.

The all-white dress Cheryl was wearing nagged at her mind.

It was the dress from her dream.

The gunshot ran through her ears.

The rushing of the water.

Splashing.

Her voice came out shaky.

"What... happened?" She asked

"It's Jason" Ms Blossom squeaked before collapsing into another fit of tears.

"No... No..." Elodie shook her head.

Memories flashed back.

A soaking wet Cheryl crying in her arms.

This wasn't true.

That was a dream.

He was fine.

"He... He's dead Elle. He's dead" Cherly choked out before sobbing again.

"No. That's not possible. It's not possible" Elodie's voice broke. Her head spinning faster and faster. She felt like she was drowning.

"I'm so sorry Elodie. I'm so sorry!" Cheryl cried again.

Elodie stumbled back before running as fast as she could out of the house.

She ran and ran and ran until she ran right into someone.

The black haired boy stumbled backwards.

"Woah! Watch where you're going!" He scoffed and narrowed his eyes at the girl as he readjusted his hat.

"Elodie?" Archie breathed upon the sight of her. Jughead Jones gave his friend a weird look. They had been walking together, something they hadn't done in months, when the crazy blondie ran into him.

"A-Archie... I..." The girl's breath caught in her throat.

"Are you okay? Elodie? What's going on?" Archie asked, concern lacing his voice, putting both hands on her shoulders to steady her. She slowly, shakily looked up into his eyes.

"Jason" She whispered.

"What about him?" Jughead inquired from a few feet behind them.

"He's dead" Tears started streaming down the girl's face as she collapsed into Archie's arms. He held her impossibly close as she sobbed, his mind going blank.

Jason Blossom was dead.

This was Elodie's most horrific birthday yet.