"YOU'RE LYING!" He screamed loudly,

"What the hell is going on?" I asked nervously, seeing my dad with his beat red drunken face.

"Go upstairs, Laura!" My mom said frustratingly, "It's none of your concern, your dad and I are just having a normal argument."

"Your mother is exasperating!" My dad with a hand on his forehead.

I rolled my eyes and ran upstairs, deciding to have a quick shower before going to bed; feeling the warm water hit my skin as my eyes were shut tight I processed everything that happened today.

Ross mainly, It seriously offends me how my best friend in this whole entire universe, the one person who knows me better than anyone else, doesn't believe me. He genuinely thinks I'm trying to hurt him.

And not to mention his attitude, he's never talked to me or his friends with so much disrespect and rudeness.

But I am angry with him and I will not be the first to apologize, he must be out his mind to think I'll be the one saying sorry anytime soon, nevertheless; at all.

Stepping out of the shower and wrapping the towel around me while I brushed my teeth, I saw my phone lighting up so I grabbed it and saw that it was a message from Ross: I'm really disappointed that my own best friend would make up such a lie like that. I hope you come to your senses soon Laura, I don't believe what you told me today and I definitely will be asking Bella to be my girlfriend on homecoming night. Hope you understand and confess soon.

I felt my blood start to boil and I swear steam was coming out my ears as I slammed my toothbrush into the sink, typing quickly back to him: I can't believe my own best friend doesn't believe me, it's going to be such a shame when karma gets back at you for this. And I'm pretty sure I told you not to talk to me unless you were going to apologize?

Picking up my toothbrush again angrily, he answered: If you think I'm going to be the one apologizing then this friendship is DEFINITELY over.

I don't know if I was angry, upset, shocked or all three, I just sent my message without even processing it: Looks like it's over then.

As I waited and got no response back, I felt completely empty. Is he really serious? I was right Teresa, he doesn't care about me anymore.

Wrapping myself in my blankets as I lay in my bed in my warm pyjamas I began to start overthinking everything,  but then there was a soft knock on my door.

"Laura sweetie, can I come in?" My mom asked softly, I yelled a 'yeah' and my door opened.

"Are you crying?" I asked with sympathy in my voice, seeing mom's swollen eyes as she wiped underneath them with a tissue.

"No, I'm fine hun." She lied, coming to sit on the edge of my bed, "I wanted to apologize to you for the way I told you go to upstairs, I was just frustrated with your dad."

"It's okay, I completely understand." I said softly, rubbing my mom's arms, "What was the argument about this time?"

"I found his flask underneath his pillow when I was making our bed, I confronted him about it and well, he accused me of going through his stuff making the argument a heated fight." She explained to me. "But he promised he'd never drink again or from that flask again, he even drove over it to make me believe him."

"Oh," I frowned, I looked at my naïve mom, of course my dad is going to drink again and he'll definitely buy a new flask. But my mom is oblivious and persuades herself to believe him, when I think we both know she's lying.

"What about you hunny, you feeling okay? you look distraught." She said to me.

"I'm fine," I said forcing a smile. "Just a long, tiring day."

"Okay sweetie," My mom said lifting herself off my bed, "Goodnight, sleep well and I love yo-" But I cut her off.

"Mom, can you sleep with me tonight?" I blurted out, sometimes you just need your mother's company to heal and help you, and right now. I could use my mom's affectionate words and I would enjoy being by her side all night, that way I won't cry myself to sleep and wake up looking like a dead zombie.

"Something must be really bothering you," She frowned, "But I'm glad you asked and I'd be more than excited to sleep next to my baby girl."

Watching my mom excitedly close my bedroom door before snuggling in bed next to me, she began to run her fingers through my hair, "I used to always sleep with Vanessa, she used to make me sing her lullabies and hold her hand or else she couldn't fall asleep," My mom said softly reminiscing her memories with my older sister.

"She's told me stories," I chucked, my eyes glued to my charging phone on my night stand, waiting for it to glow up with a text message from Ross.

"I'm going to assume it's something to do with Ross," My mom whispered, "And you don't need to tell me if you choose not to, but I want you to know," She said, "No matter what, Ross is always going to care about you, you two have been inseparable since the moment you became friends but fights are bound to happen, but remember that everything happens for a reason and at the end of day, no matter how angry you are at the person, they still love you with all their heart, even if they don't do a good job at showing it."

"Is that why you're still with dad?" I whispered, turning to face her.

"I knew your dad before he became a drunk, I know the good in his heart is still down there somewhere." She whispered, planting a kiss on my forehead.

I nodded, nuzzling closer into my mom, I seriously thank God for having such a great relationship with her. I could never tell her I was raped...I don't think she'd be able to look at me ever again.

"Thanks mom," I whispered. "For always being there."

"I'm always here hunny," She whispered back, "That's my job. Now go to sleep and rest, and remember; it's never good going to bed angry at someone."

"Goodnight mom, love you." I sighed, feeling her fingers run through my hair again.

"Love you too sweetheart." She whispered.

Don't worry mom, I'm not going to bed angry at Ross, I'm going to bed feeling completely empty.

~~~
I know this chapter didn't have much raura but I mean jheez, who else thinks Ross is a major asshole in these last two chapters🙄😂

I also wanted to include Ellen and Laura's relationship a little bit, since she's a huge part in the story also! ( I have a great relationship with my mom and I hope you guys do to! Always tell her you love her ♥️ There's nobody else in the word who loves you more than your mom does! )

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter , i have lots planned for this book♥️