Chapter 1 ; Mindless Who?

Its was Friday morning, about 10. I had just woke up and finished my morning routine

me- (coming downstairs sitting at the bar) hey mommy.

mom- goodmorning babygirl. you hungry?

me- yes ma'am

mom- well im almost finished cooking breakfast, and i have a few errands to run you wanna come with?

me- no ma'am. Ash, Niya and Yonna are supposed to be coming over around 12 and get in the pool.

mom- oh okay then. maybe when i get home i could take you girls shopping. how does that sound?

me- its a date mommy!

mom- good... (fixing our plates) so daddy is going to call in about an hour or so

me- really?! does he know when he'll be home?

mom- im not sure yet y/n. but hopefully soon..

me- oh. (smile fading and looking down)

mom- hey now y/n (pulling my head up by my chin) no long faces, he'll be home sooner than you know it, i know you miss him. i do too

My mother was smiling trying to keep it together for my sake, but i saw right through her. She was hurting just as much as I was, if not more. My father was the love of her life. I honestly can't see how she hasn't broke down yet..

me- sorry mommy... (putting on a smile for her)

mom- its okay... that beautiful smile and those beautiful happy grey eyes is what i like to see.

me- stop it... (smiling extra hard now)

my mommy's compliments mean the most to me...

my phone starts ringing and its Yonna, my mom give me my plate and walks over to the counter and answers it.

mom- hey Yonna!

Yonna- hey Mrs. Waits! how are you

mom- im okay. making it. how are you?

Yonna- im awesome!

mom- (laughing) here's y/n.. (she gives me the phone)

me- hey girl.

Yonna- are you near your laptop?

me- no (eating a piece of bacon) im in the kitchen eating with mommy..

Yonna- oh, well listen, remember those boys i told you about. the ones in the group all these girls go crazy about?

me- no... who?

Yonna- Mindless Behavior?!

me- my who?

yonna- (laughing) no girl! MINDLESS BEHAVIOR. do you ever listen to me?

me- well sometimes you tend to talk a little too much. but what about them?

yonna- they're coming to Atlanta next Friday, and guess who's mom bought 4 VIP tickets?

me- VIP? for what?

yonna- so we can meet them girl! im not going to a concert and not getting VIP!

me- girl, i do not wanna go no concert with a bunch of screaming crazy females. i'll pass

yonna- YOU CANT PASS Y/N! mommy already bought the tickets, and who else will i take besides you , Ash and Niya?!

me- ughh... fine... let me ask mommy... ma...

mom- huh?

me- can i go to some concert with Yonna, Ash and Niya?

mom- what concert?

me- my ness...

yonna- (screaming) MINDLESS!!!

me- (rolling my eyes) mindless behavior?

mom- who is that?

me- i have no idea. but i guess im gonna find out.

mom- when is it?

me- its next Friday.

mom- oh, okay. sure..

me- thank you... (back on the phone) yonna, yeah i can go.

yonna- YESS! oh my gawd, you are gonna love them!!

me- who are they anyway?

yonna- ill show you when i get there.

me- uhm, okay? what time are you coming?

yonna- im walking out the house now. see ya in like 30 seconds.

me- okay. (we hang up)

Ahh, the joys of having my bestfriens live right across the street.. theres a knock at the door about 30 seconds later. mommy answers and Yonna walks in.

Yonna- hey Mrs. Waits. (smiling)

mom- hey babygirl. Y/n is in the kitchen.

Yonna walks in with the biggest smile on her face.

Yonna- hey ugly.

me- you not too cute yourself big head.

yonna- anyway.. (laughing and taking my bacon) where's your laptop?

me- its my room.

yonna- be right back (she bounces up the stairs and comes back down with my purple laptop) okay here we go (opening it up and logging on, getting on the internet)

She shows me this video. Mindless Behavior. 4 boys, one with a curly afro, one with a mohawk, one with a low cut. and that other one, two long braids and rocking goggles. the only person i've ever seen that can rock a pair of goggles so sexy like.

me- thats them?

yonna- thats them (smiling)

Mommy comes up and watches with us.

mom- that little one with the mohawk is really cute.

yonna- thats prodigy. i love him.. the one with the low cut is roc royal, the one with the braids, ray ray and the one with the afro, princeton. also known as mindless behavior.

mom- wow you girls are gonna have a great time next week..

yonna- sure are.

mom- ill be back later, to take you 4 shopping. maybe you can find something for next week.

Yes. I have to find the PERFECT outfit.

me- okay mommy. see you later (she kisses me and Yonna's forehead and leaves)

Yonna- so what do you think?

me- they're pretty good. (staring at the goggle rocking boy)

yonna- you're really staring at ray ray.

me- he's cute!

yonna- i knew you'd say that...

me- they have anymore videos?

yonna- alot. (smiling)

She puts "mindless behavior" in the search box on youtube and we watched their videos for 2 hours until NIya and Ash showed up. They have this thing called "being mindless" and it "gives you the freedon to express yourself through music, fashion and art"

That's me.. I am Mindless.

My dedication, has just begun.