CHAPTER 1- THE REVELATION

They sat down to a meal of tapioca and some French fries which was a delicacy in west aves ENGLAND.
          Your wife is an excellent cook," complimented Clifford.

          "Yes , she has no equal. That is why i married her," replied jacob jovially.

       Magdalene, Jacobs ebony demobbed  wife who was plaiting the hair of her eldest daughter, Edward, heard the compliment and smiled. She loved he husband especially for his sense of humour. If your spirits were at low ebbs he could always make you feel better by cracking jokes. His sense of  humor was unrivalled.

      Afterwards, Marcus, Jacobs eldest son was called upon to serve wine .they started to drink Hennessey which Jacob had been known to love drinking . He was just twenty by he already started to prove himself a man in all respect, doing much of the farm work , for his father's strength had gradually started  to ebb at fifty. His musical talent was another thing which Jacob had was exceedingly proud of. But this he had decided to keep secret even from his close friends, until he had visited Hardin a dark magician , to consult him about his son's destiny and procure the necessary protections for him .
            "The tai festival was not up to standard this year," commented Clifford.
              "Yes,"replied Jacob our young men are now soldier's. Blame it on sir Hamilton. It is his idea that no clan can pose a threat to us any more."
          "As a matter of fact, I heard that it was his chief adviser, Fredrickson is an opportunist, someone without any sense of public good, a selfish man to the core."
           "That is the man!" agreed Clifford. " but be careful what you say about him, and to whom you say it. The man is very dangerous, an evil genius if you life,"
             I know what he is capable of," said Jacob
Our soldiers have declared war on us said Clifford
       We are in a state of siege agreed Jacob
        But let then beware. One day , mark my words , the messiah will torment them with the same whips with which they are harassing us ."
  "It has gone beyond whips. Samuel the blacksmith was beaten to a state of coma  yesterday," said Clifford.
      "Samuel
     " yes."
     " that fine young man?"
      "What did he do ?
      " he chased a woman a soldier was interested in"
"I's  that all
."yes
Trivial
"The soldier considered it an insult."
"Did the woman protest his advances?.
" she did not"
"Just imagine. We are now second class citizens."
"I hope so."
"God will avenge us.
Marcus interrupted,"I was with Samuel when the soldiers descended on him. They rained insults on him, then blows.
   The insults must have hurt him more than the blows."
         "Insults?" Asked Clifford
        " they called him son of a b***h," said Marcus
         "That is unfair. Benjamin was one of our great soldiers in his days," said Clifford.
          "Yes, but they said he never fought a war," said Marcus
          "That is a silly comment. The fact is that there was no war in his days ."