° chapter ten °

Start from the beginning

Well shit.

Avalon turned to see that Harry had followed her out, his paled and glistening skin full on display since he’d taken off his shirt and was left in nothing but his running shorts. He was shaking slightly as he muscles twitched, reaching for the microwave handle to retrieve his soup.

“Hey Hemmings,” Harry said in a calm and cool manner.

“What …?” Luke furrowed his eyebrows and looked to Avalon standing in the doorway. Avalon rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag.

“Harry never uses a coat, resulting in his burning up with a fever and, like the child he is, he came whimpering to me and I have now made him soup. But we’re leaving, and he’s going to stay here and probably cuddle with my teddy bear.”

“That’s cute,” Luke smiled, “You have a teddy bear.”

“He likes me more,” Harry muttered under his breath and brought the spoon to his pale lips. Avalon glared at Harry before turning back to Luke.

“You look lovely, by the way,” Luke smiled and offered her his arm, “Shall we?”

“Oh please,” Avalon gushed, “Bye Haz.”

“Have fun!” Harry cried, “No sex! You’re too young for that! Be safe! Look both ways before crossing the stre –”

Avalon slammed her door shut and cut Harry off midsentence, making him grumble in annoyance and look around the empty flat. It was going to be a long night.

“I’m so sorry about him,” Avalon sighed as she and Luke drove to the destination Luke had yet to inform her of. Luke just laughed and shook his head.

“Don’t worry honey, it’s fine. I know Styles can be annoying. I’ve worked with him for a year and a half.” Avalon blushed and looked out the window. Luke had called her honey. She shivered slightly as the happiness ran through her body and watched the street lights illuminate off the buildings.

“This is the way to Bass,” Avalon said suddenly right before Luke started to slow down.

“Not quite,” he mumbled, pulling into a parking spot along the side of the road and getting out quickly, running around and opening the door for Avalon before she had the opportunity to do it herself. “We’re eating at Bravado tonight.”

“Oh I’ve wanted to eat here!” Avalon gushed, “Every time I’m on my way to work I think about how good this place looks.”

“I figured you looked like a person who liked Italian,” Luke smiled.

“I do! How did you know?!” Avalon squealed, gripping Luke’s arm as they walked down the street towards the restaurant.

Luke shrugged and smiled down at Avalon, “Lucky guess, I guess,” he chuckled.

Luke was easy to talk to, even though sometimes he came off as not looking as though he cared. He was just pensive, constantly thinking over what was happening and Avalon liked that. He was cautious and she welcomed that.