I waited for her to continue.

“You’ve to repeat after me Cam,” She laughed.

“Oh,” I said, “what was the word you said?”

“Du,” she smiled.

“Duuu,” I said slowly.

Her smile got bigger, “er,”

I had to focus a bit, “er,

“smuk,” she stared at my mouth.

“smuggg,” I answered.

She burst out in laugher, “no Cam, smuk,”

I closed my eyes, “smug,”

She laughed again, “look at my mouth,”

I opened my eyes and did what she said.

“Smuk,” she said folding her mouth, to show me how to exactly say it.

“”Smuk,” I said, totally in focus.

She clapped her hands, “that was good baby!”

I widened my eyes, “really?”

She nodded and smiled very big to me, “try to say it all now,”

I giggled a bit, trying to remember what to say and how: “du…. Er… smug-smuk.”

She clapped, “almost, try again.”

“Du- er -smuk-, Marie,” I smiled and tightened the grip around her head, feeling proud of myself.

“Oh my God, that was so so so good baby,” she smiled, laying her head on my shoulder and placing our hands at her thigh, “you could learn to speak Danish.”

I laughed, “or nah.”

She lifted her head to face me, “I’m serious.”

I tried to listen to a woman besides me, talking to, probably, her husband, in danish. A few seconds after I looked at Marie, “that language,” then I carefully pointed at the women and the man, “it’s so hard, no way, I’m gonna give up so fast.” I laughed.

She shook her head and giggled, “Cameron it’s not that hard though.”

“It’s easy for you to say,” I moved a taut of hair that was fallen into her face, “it’s your native language.”

She smiled, “you’re right.” She looked out of the window, “we’re almost here.” She got up from the seat, and she kept holding my hand, “get up Cam,” she smiled. I got up and we walked down to the door, which a few seconds later opened. As we got out, we just stood there looking at the big garden, to the castle.

“Wow,” I said, “it’s beautiful.”

“wait until you see it inside,” she grabbed my hand and we ran inside the garden.

“Inside? Can we get inside?” I asked as we ran.

“Yes,” she yelled, “it’s gonna be amazing Cam,”

I smiled. She was so right. A whole day, just me and her. It could only be good. We stopped outside the big gate. 

“Ready,” she asked.

I nodded. We then went inside the big gate, and the first thing I saw was the big chandeliers above our heads. I then noticed all the golden things, big red couches of leather, and long red carpets down the long hallways. I lost my chin, “wow.”

She nodded, “yeah, it’s cool.”

We spend a lot of hours inside the big castle. We imagined I was the king and she was the queen. All the time we were laughing, holding hands and just got to know a lot more about each other.