Spirits of the Colorful Sky

Lucy's POV

Chapter one: Mom?

I was on my way to the guild when suddenly I felt a different aura somewhere around me. I came to an abrupt stop when I saw a shadow move in my peripheral vision. I jumped down from the railing that separated me from the sidewalk and the river, and clutched my celestial keys, exclaiming loudly. "Who's there!?" The figure moved from the shadows wearing a black hooded cloak.

"I mean you no harm, Lucy." The figure had such an all to familiar feminine voice.

"If you mean me no harm then, please remove you cloak!" I still had my hand on my keys just in case.

She removed her hood along with her whole cloak with her hand to show blonde hair up in a bun with her bangs hanging on each side of her face, doe brown eyes, and a very formal dress. A spitting image of my DEAD mother.

All my defenses went down as I dropped to my knees, my head in my hands as tears flowed aimlessly down my cheeks.

"M-mom. . . Is that y-you?" Curiosity getting the best of me.

"Yes my dear, Lucy," her voice was the same as I remember from all those years ago. "I don't have much long here in the human world right now, but I came here to tell you something very important," I finally looked up at her, the tears still flowing down my cheeks. "What, mother, what's so important? Please tell me!" I rose from the ground and made my way over to her slowly. "I have been informed from the celestial world that there have been more keys floating around many places lately,"

"What do you mean, mom?"

"What I mean is, there have been amazing keys, more powerful than the zodiac spirits!" I let out a gasp, how was that possible!

"They are called the spirits of the colorful sky, they hold the power no other Mage holds. . . they are one of a kind. I have been given the first key, and now I'm going to give it to you. It will help you to your first spirit. At first they will be human until they trust you enough to let you have control over them and let them know your going to be there master. I trust you Lucy, and I love you very much!" She walked towards me placing a key in my shaky grip.

"Mother. . . Please d-don't l-leave m-me! Please!" The tears came faster and harsher then before. "I'm sorry but I- I can't I w-wish I c-could, the first key w-will lead you to y-your first Spirit, don't p-put much thought into or it will b-become even more difficult to f-find them, after you find y-four first spirit, the magic will break and you h-have to find the keys on you own. You will find your keys in order of the rainbow. I love you my dear daughter, I will continue watching over you. . . And Natsu. Goodbye!" Just like that she had disappeared.

"Natsu?" Was the only word that left my mouth.

As if he heard me, I heard his voice, "Lucy?"

I turned my head towards him. "N-natsu!"

He must have seen my tears, because the curious expression on his face turned into pure rage. He raced forward toward me, his body on fire as he stood in front of me.

"Who made you cry!?" When he spoke it was quite scary.

"Natsu, my m-mother was here she spoke to me. . . She gave me this key, I'll explain later. Can you walk me home?" My tears were still falling down my face from the incident. When I looked back up at him the fire that engulfed his body was gone, now he was just staring at me with a million emotions running through his onyx eyes. I started to walk when my feet were lifted off the ground. Natsu had scooped me off the ground holding me bridal style. I looked up at him, he was staring into the distance, I thought back to my mothers words, 'I WILL CONTINUE WATCHING OVER YOU. . . AND NATSU.' Why was she watching over Natsu? It made no sense to me. . .