"Laura, you seem a little too hurt and angry for all of this to be just about the rock." Teresa frowned, raising an eyebrow.

"If you're getting the assumption that I'm hurt about Ross kissing that stupid Bella chick, it's not that." I said angrily, "I'm hurt about the things he said about the rock, and why he brought her there. It's none of my business if he genuinely likes her nor do I care."

"Okay, okay!" She said raising her hands up in surrender, "No need to get all defensive!"

She's right, why was I getting so defensive? I'm only hurt about what Ross said about the rock, I could care less about Bella, I'm lying.

"Well maybe it hurts a little bit that he kissed Bella," I admitted, "But only because it was on our rock!"

"I understand," She said giving me a soft smile, "Laura, it's okay if you like Ross, I can completely understan-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" I chuckled cutting her off, "Like Ross?" I choked, "I am telling you right now, I do not like Ross in that way."

"Okay, okay," She said again, "Fine, I believe you."

I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest, "Good." And I walked back into the kitchen, "Do you want a drink or anything?"

"No thanks," She said, "I decided to go to homecoming with Dylan instead."

I turned around and saw her blushing, "Really! He asked you?"

"No," She chuckled, "I saw him staring at me from his locker, I think he was drooling, and while he was drooling over me, Jason was drooling over some cheerleader down the hall, so I went over to Dylan and asked him myself."

"Aweh!" I gushed, "Good, I think Dylan was a better choice anyways, I heard Jason had sex with Lucy Sanders last month in the janitors closet." I chuckled.

"Yeah, and then she switched schools because she got pregnant!" Teresa added, concluding the true gossip story.

"That's why she switched?!" I asked in shock, "Was she actually pregnant?"

"Yup," She chuckled, her eyes widening as she looked down at her glowing phone, "Ross is calling me!"

"Answer it!" I gasped, she shook her head and tossed it to me, "You answer it!"

I panicked and threw it back to her, "No! It's your phone! You answer it!"

My adrenaline was pumping as I saw her slide to answer, she pressed 'speaker'

"Hello?" She said, trying to sound calm.

"Hey, Teresa," He said quickly, "Do you know where Laura is?"

I snapped my fingers so she would look at me and I mouthed 'no' so she would tell him she didn't.

"U-Uh, n-no sorry Ross." She said stuttering, why is she such a bad liar?

"Fuck," He mumbled to himself, "Do you know if she's at home?"

She looked at me and I shook my head, "No, I don't think so. I think s-she went out with her parents."

I smiled as she answered without much hesitation, then he began to talk, "Alright, if you see her or talk to her, can you please tell her I need to talk to her, it's an emergency."

"Yeah for sure," She said, "Bye Ross."

"Thanks, bye." And the line went dead.

"Well that was fucking close," Teresa sighed, resting her hand on her forehead. I chuckled and saw the news paper delivery guy leave my front porch, telling her I'd be back in a second- I opened my front door and reached my hand into the mailbox beside my doorbell, pulling out a bunch of flyers, a few bills and a red small envelope with my name on it.

"What's that?" Teresa asked, watching me slowly take out whatever's inside.

I shrugged and took out a card, an invitation.

You have to be fucking kidding me