Arch Hood (The Girl)

His feet pounded on the forest floor leaves crunching underfoot as he ran swiftly away from his pursuers, dogging in and out of trees. His wooden bow clenched in one hand, and the newly stolen money in the other.

The money came from the bank in the upper district of the kingdom where all the richer citizens lived. It wasn't much, just around 1,000 floraz ($500). As he ran, a low hanging branch caught on his hood, pulling it off to reveal that the infamous Arch Hood... was a girl?

Her long brown ponytail flapping in the wind as she ran probably would have confused the Sheriff and his officers chasing her. That is if they could get close enough to see her clearly. She pulled her hood back over her head, keeping her identity safe.

She ran towards the town of Rainflower, which was a poor town. The villagers were very poor and most were unemployed, making most people unable to pay the kingdom's high taxes. She entered town, the layout imprinted in her brain, as she sprinted down streets, turning corners and cutting through yards, dogging in and out of alleyways, confusing the bumbling idiots who claimed to be topnotch police.

 As she neared her destination she thanked the Great Spirit that there where no villagers around, even though it was the early hours of the morning.

Slowing her speed only slightly, she aimed and tossed the money sack through the kitchen window of the Rainflower’s leader, knowing he was an honest man and would help the village. The sack sailed through the window and landed with a thunk inside just as the police rounded the corner and she raced off back into the forest. 

Acts like this had given her the nickname Arch Hood. Arch came from the fact that she was a crack shot at archery, and Hood from the fairytale about the infamous Robin Hood who stole from the rich to give to the poor. Since no one knew she was a girl, it helped her hide her true identity from the Kingdom. The fact that she was the last person anyone would expect.

That she was Madeline,

The princess of Orpalis.