I smiled and immediately swung my arms around his neck, "Ross! I'm so proud of you, good job!" I said happily, feeling his arms wrap around my back.

"Thank you! I couldn't have done it without Bella!" He chuckled, pulling away from me slowly, "She was proud of me too!"

"That's good." I smiled softly.

"I heard Jayce asked you to homecoming!" He said trying to make me feel excitement again.

"It shouldn't be that much of a shocker, he's my boyfriend. It's obvious I was going to go with him." I said.

"I know but still, being asked to homecoming is a big deal for girls. I'm glad he asked you, I bet you guys will have a good time." He said with a small smile.

"Who are you planning on asking? let me guess," I chuckled, "Bella?"

"Actually, yeah. She doesn't have anyone to go with so I was thinking we could go together, as friends." He said shrugging.

"I bet you guys will have a good time too." I said bluntly.

"Thanks," He smiled, "So, do you still want me to come over, we can order a pizza and stuff?"

"If you want to." I said.

"I always want to." He said back.

I smiled softly and nodded, "Then yeah, sure."

• • •

After eating three slices of pepperoni pizza with Ross; we wanted to burn off the calories so we decided to go on a walk, luckily my dad wasn't home so it was easier and stress-free to have Ross over.

"I don't know what I'd do without you." He sighed, I smiled at his words and felt my cheeks start to blush at the sweet compliment.

"You'd be fine, you have Bella." I teased, lightly nudging him.

"Bella's great and all and I consider her a really close friend, but she could never replace you." He smiled, "What's up with that anyways, what's up with you making comments about her all the time?"

I shrugged, "I'm just scared."

He looked at me and I could sense the confusion on his face, "Of what?"

"Being replaced, by her. You just spend so much time with her, I'm afraid you'll enjoy all that time with her, that soon you're going to forget about me." I admitted, feeling the cool air blow my hair back.

I felt Ross grab my wrist and stop us from walking, I sighed and looked down, but he placed his hand on my cheek and I was forced to look at him.

"No matter how much time I spend with Bella, or anyone in that case. You're always going to be my best friend. You're always going to be the one I go to. You're always going to be the one I trust and care about the most. You're irreplaceable, remember that." He said in a serious tone, his brown eyes staring into mine.

"Thanks, Ross. I feel the same way." I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck, I felt his chin rest on my shoulder as he hugged me back tightly.

"Let's go to our spot," He smiled.

Our spot was this forest, but inside the forest, a huge rock; that we found! We engraved our names in it back in freshman year and we always go there when we need to clean our minds or thoughts, when I'm stressed out about my dad, that's my main place to go, although going there with Ross makes it feel more complete.

Walking through the forest behind Ross, In this moment, I was just glad Ross and I were best friends.

Finally seeing our huge rock, I ran to it like a three year old who just saw a bunch of candy, climbing on top of it, I sat down and Ross sat down next to me.

"Promise me," He said with a small smile, "That whenever things get tough, we'll always be there for each other."

I smiled at him and rested my head on his shoulder, "I promise."

~~~
Hey guys 💛 I decided to give you some raura in this chapter 😉
Hope you enjoyed!