Chapter 3 - A Strangers Aid

Start from the beginning

"Well that's why I would also like a small amount of tonic with it"

The inn keeper took out a bottle of this Brass Fang, it was in a average size bottle followed by a smaller bottle of tonic, in the label was a picture of a cog with sharp fang like connections, the liquid was bright brown were as the tonic was clear, the inn keeper poured out the tonic first in a large brandy glass, it was barley a few millimetres, the inn keeper took of the stopper to the brass looking bottle, he looked up once he started pouring the drink and just said "When?"

The stranger waited till the drink was nearly full to the top as the stranger said "when"

The inn keeper put the stopper back on the bottle and placed it under the bar, by the time he looked up the stranger had gone with only a little girl left in his place staring up at him, he looked at her with a blank expression at first as he raised his eyebrow "Can I help you little miss?"

Alinson was busy watching the stranger sit down in the corner booth, what kept her interest was the fact the stranger had a tail that almost seemed snake like, maybe he is a enchanted snake man thought, she was distracted by the inn keeper clearing his throat and repeating "can I help you?"

The inn keeper tone was more serious this time with a fix stare, by this time her stomach rumbled and she felt tired and thirsty as she said "can I have a room please, something to eat and a drink?"

"Ok sure would you like anything else, the shirt off my back, my son or the keys to the inn to take over?"

Alinson didn't know what to say or do, she had never come across sarcasm before but she knew that something in his voice meant he was not pleased by her request "I can pay you for a room for a night and some food?"

The inn keep raised his eyebrow again "oh, listen my dear your young looking with a slightly torn dress and with no shoes or socks, if you can produce five gold coins then i will give you some food and drink, but all the rooms are taken I'm afraid but I don't finish till late, if you need to you can sleep on a mattress on the floor behind the bar, I won't charge you, this time"

Alinson nodded "ok just give me a moment"

Alinson placed the bag on the counter and rummaged through what she had, she took out her pouch which was sark crimson red and opened it, she took out five coins and placed them on the counter and placed the bag in her backpack and back on her back, the man looked down at each coin and looked them over, they were genuine enough but just like the stranger the inn keeper weighed each one, he was satisfied as he placed the coins into a box under the counter along with the strangers coins, he looked up and said "ok, we have stew on the menu, beef or chicken is your choice, and what would you like to drink?"

Alinson thought about it, she had never been given a choice on food or what to drink, she thought about, but her thinking got noticed as the Inn keep crossed his arms and tapped them, she thought the food she like and the drink she had and said "can i have chicken please"

"Sure and drink?"

"Water please"

The Inn keep seemed surprised by her statement "water, you can have any drink you want, beer, wine or spirits, though I suggest you should have wine, red to be honest"

Alinson nodded as she watched the barkeep pour her out some wine into a wine glass, he poured it half way and took another look at her "you're not from around here, are you?"

Alinson shook her head "no, i was kept in a tower not far from here"

"A tower huh, then you must be from the city then, they have towers per square inch, sit down at a table and ill bring you the stew"