“Mr. Jasper Pyrite, it is a surprise seeing you here. I figured you’d be in the boot camp by now.” He says.

            “I stopped school. My family just couldn’t afford the financial demand. How are you, Mr. Garnet?” I say.

            “Same old thing. Nothing has changed, but you have changed masses.”

            I look behind his shoulders, I see that the Metropolitan police are securing the whole place. I couldn’t help but ask, “What happened over there? Why’s the house being secured?” I say.

            “Hmm. . .  Haven’t you heard?” He says.

            “Heard what?”

            “Mr. Malachite stole three loaves of bread from the bakery near Lazuli St. It is said that he had stolen the bread for his wife and two children.” He says.

            “But Mr. Malachite has a regular job? Why would he steal bread?” I ask.

            “He lost it three months ago. He even came to me to seek a job, but every job was taken.” He utters.

            I don’t respond, I’m still trying to have the things he said registered in my mind.

            He continues, “But it would be better if he and his family was taken to the isolation booths, there he would have no problem feeding his family.” Then he walks away.

            He seems to be a very busy person, he’s the principal of my old school before I transferred to a public school. But even after I transferred to a public school, I still couldn’t afford it. He is widely known in the Metropolitan Hall and I could tell from the looks he gave me, he had an

an idea what the Metropolitan Authorities are going to do with Mr. Malachite’s family. I don’t feel sorry for them, It would be for the better, as Mr. Garnet had said.

            I continue walking, I past the bakery which Mr. Malachite had stolen from. But I have no clue where I am going, it was like I was walking with no destination. I couldn’t stop now, I had walked far enough that I’d wish to continue walking, even if I’m unsure where I would take myself. The stroll I take becomes more boring every time I see the same gloomy expression the people have in their face, it is as if they’re screaming for help, but chossed to conceal their voices. Finally, I see another familiar face. A very familiar face.

            “Arreon!” I call out.

            He quickly turns to his side to see me. He has dark purple hair and silver-grey eyes. He and I share a great               camaraderie that has formed back then when we were children. I remember that when we were only twelve, I used to have this crush on his sister, Aries.

            “Hey, I thought you were staying at home tonight?” He says.

            “I felt like going somewhere. What are you doing here?” I ask.

            “Mama asked me to get the clothes she bought from Mr. Agate.” He says, looking back at the house he had just been to.

            “It must feel good that you’re getting new clothes. I’m still wedged in this outgrown cardigan.” I say.

            “Why don’t you come with me tomorrow to Mr. Agates’s office and see if he still has some clothes you could buy. It’s all brand new and he’s selling it for such a low price.” Says Arreon, fixing his collars.