{01} Hostility

Alright! So, i decided i was going to edit the story and actually update more this time. i had a writers block and i'm sorry, hopefully you''ll like this version better than the last. there will be some minor changes for the first 7 chapters

******************************************************

Waking up on a Monday morning to someone banging on my bedroom door was not something I had on my morning checklist.

"What the- Aw man.." Rubbing my eyes to get the sand out of them, I tried to sit up. It was a difficult task, given the fact that I was all tangled up in my comforter. It took me six and a half minutes alone just to get my arms free. By that time, I was sure I had had enough of morning excercise.

The banging continued, if not more insistent than before.

Groaning loudly, I rolled over- and yelped as I fell off the bed. Thankfully, my comforter softened the fall. I pulled my knees up but stopped as soon as I started; throbbing pain shot up my leg, my knees hurting the worst.

What the hell?

Ignoring the throbbing pain, I tried standing up, which turned out to be a bigger challenge, considering my ankle hurt even worse.

Grinding my teeth impatiently, I leaned against my bed and pulled up the legs of my pyjamas, examining both my knees and ankle. Astonishingly, they were both fine, nothing out of the ordinary, just normal, not even a blemish.

Confused, I tried to stand up again, this time I accomplished it but the pain was still there. Faint, but still there.

"RAYNE LUPA MONTGOMERY! GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED! NOW! "

I jumped up as I recognised my housemate Kayla's murderous tone, wincing when she banged the door for once last good measure, before I heard her stalking off. I rolled my eyes as I looked at the clock.

07:30 a.m. Damn! I was going to be late. No wonder Kayla sounded like the Monday Morning Monster.

I ran to my bathroom. Twenty minutes later, I was dressed and brushing my hair. I checked the clock again.

07:55 a.m. blinked at me from my bedside table. I glared at it, willing it to go away.

07:56 a.m. I gasped and ran out of my room and bump into a soft body. Landing on my butt with a thud, I whimpered in pain.

What was it, hurt Rayne day?

Looking up, I came face to face with my other housemate, Veronica.

The emo glared at me and I glared back before we both cracked up laughing. I helped her up and hugged her "Hey Ron-Ron! Morning! "

She scowled at her nick-name, "Told you not to call me that.... Kayla is going to murder you." Ronnie simply informed me before grabbing her bag and pulling me to the kitchen.

As promised, Kayla stalked up to me and pretend-stabbed me in my heart repeatedly. I laughed, "You done Kay?"

She glared at me before telling me off, "I swear Rayne, if we are late for the first day of senior year, I will personally kill you."

Ronnie rolled her eyes and grabbed her car keys while throwing my keys to me and telling us both to come outside or she'd personally be held responsible for our disappearances. Knowing Ronnie, it was probably true. I rolled my eyes at both my best friends and followed them out of my house, locking it up after me.

I lived in the small town of Thornville. I had grown up here. My parents lived in the middle of the town because they liked being in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of the little social life we Thornians had.