2

The next day I woke early and after I put on a nice green dress I snuck down stairs. Being the owner of the only store in town had its advantages, my family and I lived well in a two story house and that meant room for the solider and of course I was curious by the man from last night. I slowly went to his room but before I could open it but it open and mama was there

"Oh you startled me mama."

"You did to me as well what are you doing."

"I um I wanted to see if he is."

"He is alive my dear. But he also has a broken arm. Why don't you make some eggs for all of us and I will get Abby up." I nodded and went to the chicken coup and gather some eggs for everyone to have some, as I did I felt someone watching me but I saw no one. I looked towards the windows but nothing I just guess it was an animal.

I brought in the eggs and started to cook them. Abby came in and smiled.

"Can I help?" Abby asked. She was so cute she had papa's green eyes and her hair was natural curly. She and William both had blond hair like papa but William had blue eyes like mama, I was the odd one out brown hair and green eyes. But mama said I was just special and prefect just how the Lord made me.

"Of course here. " I handed her the bowl of egg shells. "Go put them in the back yard."

I made plate for ever one and the mama usher me into the room where the solider was. She smiled and left. He was sitting up and looking outside.

"H.Hello good morning."

He turned and smiled. "Good morning." His accent was so soft and kind.

"I brought you breakfast you need to keep your strength "I noticed mama had fix his arm so he would not move it.

"Oh thank you miss. "I smiled placing the plate down gently. "You and your family are a kind group of people epically me being who I am in a time like this."

I smiled. "Right now we are the same now eat up sir." I smiled and started to walked to the door

"Ben." I turned to look at him and he was smiling at me." My name is Ben." I bow my head respectfully and left. I closed the door and was smiling. Could I have finally met someone who saw me pretty who saw something inside me of worth knowing more about?

"Don't be a fool he is a British solider the enemy. Mamma and epically papa would disown me if I was to court him." I told myself and went back to the kitchen to eat.

"He is going have to stay with us until his arm is mended." Mamma was telling Abby and William.

"What?! No send if off to battle one less Brit for us to fight!"

"William! He is around your age. It's not right."

William pushed his plate away and left the house.

Mama smiled trying to put on a brave face for Abby and I. As we went back to eating there was a knock on the door.

"I will get it." I whip my face, stood up and walked to the door. Standing there was Emma.

"Hey can you come out?"

"Mamma Emma is here may I go?"

"Yes dear."

I smiled and walked out. Emma looped her arm though my and led me to a tree.

"I need you to do something for."

"Of course anything."

"I think Jacob is going to ask for my hand in marriage."

"How do you know?"

"He talked to farther yesterday and he looked serious but I'm not sure. Can you keep an eye on him if he goes to the store?"

I smiled. "Yes I will." She giggled and hugged me. I could see she loved Jacob and she will make him a happy husband if he did ask to marry her, but we where young well not young both done with school and ready for marriage. I guess my green eye monster was coming back. Emma also deserved this. Since her mother died she looked to other things to help ease the pain but I knew she was upset and having this good new would be good for and the family