Introduction

Everything had been constructed carefully for the future generation - threads woven to create a basket of safety and peace. A blanket thrown over the top to hide the horrors of the outside world. Until he found a tear in the blanket and broke free.

20 years ago... The world of Zodiax was a beautiful place.

In one quarter, in the top left, was a world where the sun seemed to shine eternally. Mountains, deserts and extinct volcanoes rested here under the watchful gaze of the Fireans - this area was called Firea, where people with the power of fire were born. These people would train by testing their abilities in various dangerous trials. It could range from fire manipulation to summoning fiery companions.

In the top right quarter was Airia. Cliffs and peaks would rise beyond the clouds and gales of wind would pass through this area once and again. Aireans would practice their flight and air powers here - they would often dive from the highest peaks and soar back up on wings or conjure the winds to help them do their bidding. They would teach their children to discover their powers by training them from birth.

In the bottom left corner was Wateria - mostly made of seas and lakes, with several flourishing forests. Watereans would practice their healing magic and water manipulation here - the elders here believed that their children would find their powers on their own and would not attempt to train them until they discovered their powers.

In the bottom right corner, Earthia - a land of forests, mountains and dirt. Eartheans would often hike for hours in an attempt to discover their true powers. They could rocks from the ground and call creatures of the forest to do their bidding.

These four elemental countries were very close. Their children would often join up to play games and train - surprisingly, they seemed to get stronger the more they trained together. They discovered that when elements were mixed, they could create storms and earthquakes, and summon objects beyond the imagination.

That was until four children - one from each tribe - joined up to create the strongest spell known to the four countries. Their harmless intentions became chaos - storms and earthquakes wrecked the land, killing thousands and crushing the countries.

The four children were taken away, never to be seen again. Walls were built and people attempted to wipe the horrendous event from their memories. They weaved a land of safety and peace just for their children, so an event like this wouldn't happen again. The new generation would never see what lay beyond their walls.

It was perfect. There was no fighting - a paradise of safety and peace. It seemed like nothing could go wrong.

Until he decided to break free.