Chapter 2

(Asteria POV)

  Asteria hung back, not wanting to disturb loki and his brother. She saw Jane standing by Thor, rubbing circles on his back, trying to soothe him. She caught a couple of his words, "it's my fault, he was protecting me and I...I let him down" Asteria knew that he was grieving and felt bad for the God, he had truly loved his brother. She watched as "Odin" cleared his throat, "I would like to speak with my son...alone" he said, leading his brother back up the sloping hill. As they passed Asteria, she asked him if he wanted her to follow, Loki smiled and nodded, "if you would like" she smiled, slightly giddy at the fact that loki wanted her to come with him. The three of them walked back into the palace, but Asteria decided to hang back outside the bedroom door so the brothers could deal with this themselves. She heard Thor yell, "LOKI?! BUT HOW!? OH I'M SO GLAD TO SEE YOU BROTHER" she suddenly heard Loki yelp with pain and ran into the room, worried, "LOKI?! Are you....?" She saw that Thor was hugging loki tight, "oh....your...um...your ok...ok I'll just um" she saw Thor wink at loki and the raven haired God blushed, "so while my brother was supposed to be dead he found a lady friend Hmmm?" Now Asteria was blushing, "were not....he isn't...I don't even think loki knows my name yet..." He shook his head, "I don't" he admitted then Thor cut in, "But...how are you even alive? I saw you die....didn't I?" Loki looked away from Asteria and nodded, "yes that was all real, I was stabbed and fell unconscious, when I woke, I used the secret pathway to return to Asgard and healed myself, Odin was no where to be seen...I'm sorry I lied to you brother..." Thor shook his head and hugged loki, "it does not matter, you are here now" loki turned to Asteria and asked, "so...what is your name?" She smiled, "Asteria, I am the goddess of the stars" she responded and he looked confused, "but if your a goddess then why are you here? Why are you a servant" she looked at the ground, thinking about her past, "well my parents didn't want me when I was a child so they left me on earth, to live my life out as a human...about 7 years ago, I discovered my true parentage, so my foster parents did everything they could to get me to Asgard" she started to tear up, "I don't know why....my parents left me...." She let a tear fall to the floor and felt loki's eyes on her, she quickly wiped away her tears, "I'm sorry..."

(Loki POV)

Loki's heart twisted as be listened to Asteria's story, he knew what it was like to be neglected and forgotten. "It's ok, I know how you feel....I felt like Frigga was the only one who-" he stopped talking and ran out the door, tears falling down his cheeks, "Loki?!" Asteria called after him and looked at Thor, "he really loved his mother, I can tell" she said and Thor smiled at , "you know, he needs a friend to turn to, he is having a difficult time right now and I think he just needs a little love, I think you could be that friend, I see the way he looks at you...go after him, comfort him..." He smiled at her, "he needs you..."