Prologue

Bakersfield Elementary School was a blur for Miyoko Nishimoto. All she could remember were the cruel children on the playground. Most of all she remembered her. Her name was Rhiannon Nichols. Miyoko remembered that day very well, because that was the day that changed everything.

"Stop! No! Leave me alone!" Miyoko pleaded to the other children. "Ewww! You kissed her!" the other kids taunted, "That's not right. Only boys and girls are supposed to kiss."

The other girl had run away before she could become a victim. "Let's go after her!" the ringleader suggested. "You two stay here, and don't let her out of your sight." He said to two of his goonies. They both ran after her and caught her. The female goon grabbed the little girl's hair and pulled her down; making her hit the cold hard pavement. The other goon jumped on top of her and started pounding her into the ground. The leader just stood there with his arms crossed and a look of contentment on his face.

The two bullies that remained kept pushing Miyoko back and forth, like a ping pong ball. "LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" She cried, but the security was busy helping new students to their classes. The bullies continued to push Miyoko without showing any signs of getting tired.

Then another young girl with outrageous purple hair and mysterious grayish blue eyes appeared out of the distance. "What are you guys doing to her?" she asked. "We are teaching her a lesson," they responded. "It's not right for two girls to kiss, God says so." They girl had a puzzled look on her face and said, "I thought God loves everyone." "Nuh uh, not dykes like her," they said "She is going to hell."

The boys continued to torment Miyoko as she started to scream. "Leave her alone!" the girl warned them with a stern look on her face. "What are you going to do about it.......dyke?!" they taunted. "You both even look like men."

"Don't say I didn't warn you guys," she said with a smile on her face. All of the sudden, the ground beneath them started to rumble. The boys have a panicked look on their faces. The branches of the tree swing down and knocked the boys to the floor.

"How did you do that?!" Miyoko asked with surprise. The girl replied nonchalantly "I have no idea. By the way my name is Rhiannon, Rhiannon Nichols. What's yours?" "Miyoko, Miyoko Nishimoto." She replied weakly.

They became best of friends for the next week. Nobody dared to mess with them. Then suddenly Rhiannon ceased showing up to school. Rumor had it that when Rhiannon's foster home had found out about the confrontation, they sent her to Washington.