"So, even though the ground is almost covered in snow, do you still want to go to the park?" He asked.

"Yeah."

A few minutes later we arrived, and Tyler and I started walking. He looked somewhere behind me, and his eyes instantly lit up.

"So, do you like swings? Or playgrounds?" He said, smiling widely, probably hoping that I'd go play with him.

"Of course! I'll beat ya there!" I exclaimed, and started running through the snow to reach the play ground before Tyler. I heard him running up behind me, so I tried to run even faster, but it was kind of hard to run in the snow.

Soon enough I got there before Tyler, and he came running up behind me, breathing heavily.

"Not fair," he breathed. "You were ahead of me when we started, I'll win next time," he said in between breaths.

"Sure," I replied back sarcastically. "How about the slides? I bet I can slide down faster than you," I smiled, looking over at the two slides that were behind me.

"I bet you can't," he replied, accepting my challenge. He ran up the small steps that led to slide, and stood there waiting for me. I followed behind him.

"Okay, when I say go," he told me. "On your mark... get set...go!" He yelled, and slid down. Only a second later, he reached the ground before me.

"Haha, I win," he teased.

"Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Alright, no more competitions. Let's just sit on swings for now," he said, and started walking towards the swing set. He sat down on he swing, and I sat on the one next to him.

"So, why are you back in Ohio again?" He asked me, slightly moving the swing back and forth with his feet.

"Well, right now we're just staying for the whole month, so we can spend Christmas with our family. But my parents are thinking about moving back," I explained, looking into his eyes.

"Do you want to stay here?" He asked me, hope flashing in his bright brown eyes.

"I wouldn't mind."

"I wouldn't mind either," he replied, smiling.

"So, how's school going for you?" I asked him, trying to change the subject.

"Good. The math test today was pretty easy, thanks to you."

"You're welcome," I responded, thankful that I had helped him.

"There's also some stupid winter dance coming up. Josh has a date and wants to go, and he wants me to go with him, but I'm not really sure," he told me, looking down and playing with the zipper on his coat.

"Well, do you have anyone to go with?" I asked him.

He stopped playing with the zipper and looked up. "Like... a date? Um-no," he said, and I could see his cheeks turn a bright shade of pink. Part of me really wanted to go with him because he was a sweet boy, and he was really cute too. But if I were to ask him, it would seem like a date. And I didn't want to date him because I didn't even know if I was going to move back or not.

"Well uh, if you don't mind, I could go with you," I told him quietly. "But um- as friends, of course!" I added in awkwardly.

"I wouldn't mind that at all," he smiled widely, and pulled out his phone.

"I have choir in 20 minutes. We've had so many practices lately because of some Christmas show we're doing," he sighed, and put his phone back in his pocket.

"That's okay."

"Do you wanna come with me again?" He asked.

"Sure."

_______________________________

•Time skip to when you get to the church•

After a few minutes of hearing everybody sing, and me just listening to them, the teacher finally gave them a break.

"So, Tyler," Selena started, looking over at him. "You should totally come over to my house tomorrow, and we could do homework or something since we have math together. Y/n will be there too," she finished, smirking as she looked at me.

"Oh, sure," he replied, smiling.

"Great!" Selena exclaimed.

I knew Selena wasn't going to give up on me and Tyler. She was basically desperate for Tyler to ask me out, although I didn't really see the reason why. He's simply just a friend.