"Talan dear, have you talked about things yet?" The mother asked with a pointed look.

"No, not yet. She just woke up and I haven't really had the chance."

"Okay one, 'she' has a name and it's Tulsi and two, I need my belongings. I have to call my friends so they know I'm okay."

"Here is your bag." The young woman handed me my backpack. I ripped it open in search of my phone. "The phone is not there," Talan softly said.

"But I need it. I have to call my friends." His hand covered my frantic ones, still searching through the bag hoping to find it laying in the bottom.

"I'm sorry, no phones allowed here." Was his quite response.

"But how do you communicate then?" I asked then hit myself in the head. "Never mind, you can use your minds to talk to others of your kind. What is it called, oh mind link."

Talan dropped his hand and stepped back, whipping his head to look at his mother. "Well this will be easier than we thought." Was her polite reply with a big smile.

She walked toward the sofa and Talan followed. Assuming I was suppose to follow also I sat in the chair.

"Now dear, why don't we start with how you know about mind links and what did you mean by our 'kind'." The mother asked.

"I read a lot. I mean all the time and I came upon this book in the library last week that intrigued me. Werewolves, your kind, was the topic." I said matter of factly.

"I see, and what did this book say about werewolves," She continued.

"It listed traits like super strength, heightened senses and a few also said you have added intelligence but others diffuted that," I went on. "Also it listed the ranks or hierarchy of the packs."

Talan made to move closer to me but his mom stopped him, "anything else?"

I thought back," umm, well it did mention about shifting. Which sounds very painful I might add." All three laughed. "Your first shift is the most painful, after that they get easier and less painful," Talan smiled as he answered.

"Oh yeah, also I remember reading that it isn't until after your first shift that you can find your partner." I added congratulating myself for remembering that piece of info.

"They are called mates, and yes that part is correct." Mother stated.

"What do you mean 'that part'? Isn't it all accurate?" I asked confused.

Talan snickered but his mom answered again, "not many tales have any actual truth to them. Yes we have the heightened senses and strength but the humans seem to always make us sound bad. Mean and blood thirsty."

"I didn't get that from the book I read," I stated.

"They also make our lives sound horrific and barbaric," Talan added with a frown.

I noticed the girl was silent the whole time. She was fidgeting with her sleeve, " what about you? Do you think you are portrayed incorrectly?"

She glanced up quickly and whispered, " no one knows how we live. How things are ran in the pack. Alpha is nice and considerate. He doesn't lash out for no reason."