Turn Back Time

People say that death comes quick, your life will flash before your eyes. You will find peace in the pounding of your heart as it fails. I never thought about how much one person can endure, but one thing I know is that I'm ready to find out and if that means death, so be it. I'm not afraid.

We battled as Sean did something in the corner. He eventually figured out how to turn it into a weapon and ran up. I facepalmed mentally before grabbing it. I changed it to a shield, but Anti already had Sean. I lowered my hand for a moment and Anti crashed himself into me. 

My head was smashed against the concrete but the sound of nearing death was not one I heard. Just the clanking of the gem as it flew out my hand and onto the ground. They all charged at it, Anti used magic to grab it. I was dying and I had to do something first. I watched as it slowly began to change from lilac to his sickly green.

I squeezed my hand together and the gem flashed a bright lilac, inhaling one last time I opened my hand and watched as it exploded. They were by my side but I did not notice them. I didn't find what people say. The pain that I have caused washed over me and I finally realised. Life isn't a toy. One last breath deserves one last phrase.

"Turn back time,"