Chapter 5

The sun was high in the sky, shining brightly as its heat crashed down onto all the forest cats. Shadestar was on the high ledge ready to begin the clan meeting, with the whole clan gathered around, but they needed for Leafblossum and Duskpaw to return.

An orange and white she-cat mewed annoyed "If they don't return any time soon, we should just start without them!" Shadestar twitched his ear and glanced down towards the she-cat as cats began gossiping.

"I'm sure they will return any moment now Maplesong. They are just-"

The sound of a young she-cat panicking made cats turn their backs towards the camp entrance "Rouges! We saw rouges!"

Dawnpaw was in the front of the crowd waiting for the meeting to start until she turned around and saw her sister, Duskpaw, and her mentor, Leafblossum, panting as they entered the camp.

Shadestar asked concerned "Rouges? On our territory?" As Gingersplash jumped on top of the high ledge at his side, looking down at them worried.

Duskpaw looked at Leafblossum waiting for her to respond but she wasn't saying anything. I guess I'm the adult here... Duskpaw explained "Well on Sandclan's territory...we think Sandclan were kicked out of their territory by the rouges."

Maplesong rolled her eyes "Then it's not our problem."

Duskpaw hissed quietly as her mentor stood their silently "For Starclan's sakes say something mousebrain!"

Leafblossum must be heard and she mewed to Maplesong respectfully "The rouges may come for our territory next...that is if they have our scent."

Shadestar nodded in understandment as he mewed strictly "Gingersplash, we need to double the amount of patrols until Sandclan has received their territory back."

Gingersplash nodded respectfully as she flicked her tail. Shadestar looked towards Leafblossum and Duskpaw as he explained "Did the rouges seem interested in the other clans?"

Leafblossum shook her head no as she mewed calmly "They only seemed to want Sandclan, but that doesn't mean they won't come for other clans." Duskpaw nodded in agreement with her mentor annoyed. Now you talk like an adult...

Shadestar shifted his paws as he mewed "If the remains of Sandclan show up at the gathering tonight, we will discuss this with them."

That made Duskpaw wonder who will attend the gathering at moon high tonight? Duskpaw hopefully looked up towards the black tom cat with her eyes full of anxiety.

Shadestar mewed "The cats attending are..."

Duskpaw looked up towards her mentor who seemed very disinterested in who was going to be chosen. What's your problem?

Then Shadestar began "Dawnpaw, Duskpaw..."

Duskpaw seemed to jump with happiness as her leader announced her name. She looked towards Dawnpaw who shared the same emotion as her.

"Hawktalon, Falconwing, and Leafblossum."

Duskpaw didn't seem happy when Shadestar announced Falconwing and Leafblossum were also coming. Falconwing seemed to favor Dawnpaw more, and Leafblossum was just plain soft."

Shadestar lowered his body and jumped off the rock as he mewed "Clan dismissed!"

All the cats seemed to scatter around the camp, which left Dawnpaw, and Duskpaw in the middle of the camp.