Chapter 12~ The Start To A Perfect Night (Pic Of Dylan)

Start from the beginning

"Who's that?" He asked.

I smiled and walked up to them.

"Name's Lily." I answered.

Riley turned around and stared at me, his mouth hanging open.

"Nice to meet you Lily." He responded but I wasn't paying attention.

My eyes were examining Riley. He was wearing ripped jeans that were sitting dangerously low. A tight white t shirt and his hair was spiked up. I bit my lip and stared at his face.

"Wow Lily you look....amazing." He whispered.

I blushed and looked at my feet.

"Thanks." I whispered.

He was still staring at me.

"So....." One of the guys in front of us said, interrupting our moment.

"Oh! Guys this is Lily....Lily these are the boys I was telling you about."

I gasped and looked at the group in front of me.

"You guys race?" I asked, leaning on the counter top.

The one who asked who I was laughed.

"The name's Blaze. And yes, we race."

I smiled excitedly.

"I'd love to come and watch you guys but Riley here says it's dangerous." I said, making a pouty face.

Blaze laughed.

"He's right. It is dangerous. But it's fun."

I sighed.

"I wanna go and see you guys race. It would be amazing." I whispered.

Suddenly I found a way I might be able to get myself in there.

"Do you guys need someone to repair any of your cars? I know someone who can help." I said.

Blaze stared at me and so did Riley.

"Yeah we do. Who is it?"

I looked down at me feet, blushing slightly.

"Me." I answered.

The guys burst out laughing.

"Hey I'm being serious!" I yelled, causing their laughter to die.

Blaze looked at me challengingly.

"I bet you know next to nothing about cars." He said.

I looked at him challengingly with an evil smile on my face. Riley chuckled and we both looked at him.

"Dude making a bet with her is the stupidest thing you can do because you will lose." He stated.

Blaze turned to me and I smirked at him.

"Take me to your car." I said.

He smiled and walked towards the front door. Riley grabbed my hand and pulled me to the front door.

"If you know so much about cars, tell me what this is." He said.

He was pointing to a yellow mustang.

"It's a mustang." I stated, bored.

"See.....told you, you don't know-"

"It's an 07 mustang GT that looks like...it recently had a paint job. New tires. Nitro. Major horsepower under the hood." I stated.

Everything went silent. I looked at the guys and saw they were all gawking at me.

"What?" I asked.

I saw Blaze hand money over to Riley and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay so you know about cars. But can you tell us what's wrong with it?" Blaze asked, opening the car door and starting it.

It revved and then turned on.

"Something's wrong with the belt." I stated with a shrug.

They all stared at me. Blaze turned off his car and ran to the front, popping open the hood and looking inside.

"Damn." He said quietly.

I smiled.

"Told you I know about cars." I said as he closed the hood.

He turned towards Riley.

"She's a keeper."

I blushed furiously and then Blaze turned towards me and nodded.

"Looks like we have ourselves a natural born." Blaze said.

Everyone around us nodded except Riley.

"No Blaze. She's not racing." He said, standing in between us.

Blaze sighed and nodded.

"I know man....it's a waste though. She'd be so amazing."

I shook my head.

"I can't even drive yet. I'm only sixteen." I answered.

"Then how do you know so much about cars?" Blaze asked.

I sighed.

"Back when we lived in Arizona....my dad was out of work so he would....steal cars and take the good working parts from them and then sell them. He needed an accomplice and who better than me, right?" I whispered, sniffing.

They just stared at me.

"Come on Lils. Let's go inside." Riley whispered, grabbing my hand and pulling me inside before I had a meltdown.

He pulled me through the front door and into a bathroom, closing the door and not bothering to turn a light on. My breathing was erratic a little now and he pulled me to him tightly, pressing his lips against the soft skin under my ear. Within minutes I was calm. I didn't move away.

"Riley." I whispered.

"Hm?"

"What is that you do, that calms me down like that...?" I asked.

He sighed and pulled back a little.

"It's something I used to do with Lavender when she needed to be calmed down. Then Finn came along and he took my place. It always worked better when he did it then when I did. Now I know why."

I pulled back and leaned against the wall, watching him carefully.

"Why?" I whispered.

He watched me carefully.

"It only works on that one special person. The one who we were meant to be with in the first place, since the beginning of time." He whispered.

I stared at him. He closed the space between us and stared into my eyes.

"Lily...." He whispered.

I swallowed loudly.

"Yes...?" I whispered.

"Will you come dance with me?" He asked.

I stared into his eyes and then slowly nodded. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the bathroom. We walked into the ballroom and he spun me around slowly. I laughed quietly and he smiled, pulling me to him. A slow song was playing and he pulled me close so that we were chest to chest. I laid my head on his chest and he rested his chin on my shoulder and we danced.