Chapter 2 : The Wedding Ceremony

THE NEXT DAY:

Quen

"That guy, whatever his name is, he's a dirtbag. How can you guys even stand him ?!! " I said while we were eating breakfast.
"Well sweetie, you shouldn't be talking to that kind of man like that. He's our supporter, including his father and mother." my mom defended me for the mayor's family. And wow, I thought she would actually care about me but no. She just starts to become harsh on ever since they mentioned "marriage." I'm only 17, what can you expect from a 17 year old lady to be responsible about marriage?
"Sorry, mom but I think we shouldn't be planning out any marriage because I won't be attending." I said it very straightforward.
"Going or not going, doesn't matter to me because the whole family got invited to the party and we also invited your friends...umm your close friends from school, if they want to come." how did she get so adhesive to being such a 'supportive' mom ?

LATER IN THE AFTERNOON :

Chase
"Father, is it really necessary to actually go with this planned wedding ? You know how much my pride is worth right ?" I really hate for my parents to be like this.
Mother replied,"Well, yes darling but- "
"But what ? Are you saying that marriage is more important than me and my future ?!"
"No, no, no ! It's not that darling it's just that we don't want your future to become too simple. We want your future plans to become more refreshing and special. We don't want to hurt you." Now I feel pitiful.
"Is that how you guys really feel about me ? You only care about me and the future more than that ? If you guys really do then how about we cancel that wedding ceremony huh ?"
I was testing them if they can actually do something that I want for once.
1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, 4 seconds -
"We can't drop that wedding out. It's our top priority this time of year. It's going to look like no other kind of weddings. You'll wear your tuxedo and- " 4 seconds for my mom to reply ?
"And you think that girl will come after that fight we had ? " I asked.
"Couples always fight, isn't that right ? "
"We're not even a couple. My first impression when I first met that girl was just brutal. She's not my type. She's too hostile."
"Oh is that right ? "
The phone that was ringing later interrupted our conversation.
"Hello?" mother replied.
"Hi, this is Gabi Gwen and I was wondering if we could postpone the wedding? "
"Well, I don't know if we can, my son has a very important project coming up."
"Oh,well my daughter right now isn't feeling alright. She's been a little upset lately about the marriage."
"It's okay. Anyone can be flustered up about bringing up weddings."
Suddenly, my mother just made a HUGE mistake. "How about we push up the marriage until tomorrow ? How does that sound ?"
"Oh! That sounds great actually ! I'll go tell my daughter right away !"
"Goodbye, Mistress."
"Goodbye."
They both hung up
"Really mother? Tomorrow ? All of that talk we had ? " I asked.
"I'm sorry dear but this marriage got to happen."

Quen

"Quen! I have something to tell you ! " my mom sounded so excited to tell me something that I can hardly even breathe.
"What is it this time ? " I asked, not a very enthusiastic tone that no one wanted to hear.
"The marriage got move up ! It's going to be - "
"DON'T SAY IT!"
"Yup! Tomorrow !!!!"
"Really mom ? Tomorrow ? I don't even wanna go today. I don't even want to see that big head jerk anyways."
"You're going, even if I have to drag your hair to there."

Dear brother,
Everything right now is a mess! Mom, Dad, Little Stacey, the whole family is driving me crazy! They're forcing me to marry a stranger that I hardly know. He's the future mayor of our city ! Isn't that something? It's not that I hate our family right now but I think they're making the wrong choice about marriage. Isn't this a little too cruel ? Brother, if only you are alive right about now, we could tell each other stories just about everything and anything. But for now, I have to do all of these things on my own. I got to stay independent so I can get use to living like normal people. Anyways brother, thank you for understanding me. You're the only one that cares about me and my bright future.

THE CEREMONY:

"I don't wanna wear this dress mom ! It's too thick! " The dress that I'm wearing is just to tight. It doesn't even fit me. What kind of situation is this ?
"You're gorgeous. Also, we have an extra pair. Oooo, this is perfect! " my mom said.
"This is okay. We'll get this miss." I really don't like this is going.

NOON :

No one's perspectives

Everything is all set up and everyone who got invited are all here. People are dressed up nicely and prepared for the ceremony.
"Please sit everyone." said the host.
"Now, we'll be starting. Groom, will you step up here please ?" asked the host.
Chase steps up in front of the priest. He stands confidently without any hesitations.
"And now, the bride." said the host.
Quen and her dad gets ready to walk up to the front of the aisle. Everyone made awe sounds when Quen showed off her dress. She really didn't do anything. Later, Quen and Chase exchanged vows and glared at each other the whole time.
"I'm only doing this for my mom." Quen said. "Me too." Chase said.
"My whole family." they both said at once.
The priest asks," Do you, Quen, take Chase, to be your beloved husband and never break up with him for the rest of your life ? "
" I do." Quen answered briefly.
The priest asks the same question to Chase," Do you , Chase, take Quen to be your beloved wife and never break up with her for the rest of your life ?"
"Yes! I DO!" Chase answered to confidently.
"Now you may kiss the bri- I mean let's just skip that part."

Phew, that was close. They both thought.

The wedding was a success !