Just Shut Up, Clint

Começar do início

"No, you were running again, weren't you." It was a statement, not a question. They both knew the answer.

"I should have ran faster." 

Clint's phone rang and while he was distracted by the sound Natasha took advantage, grabbing the phone from his pocket and answering.

"Hey Tony," she greeted. "Listen, you remember that favour you owe me? ... No, you didn't, hang on, one moment." She dodged under Clint's arm and kicked his legs out from under him. With Her elbow on his throat and her legs pinning his she said, "چقدر برق خواهد کسی را از دست کشیدن؟" How much electricity will knock out someone?" (It's Pashto, one of Afghanistan's official languages. (The other is Dari.))

"Why, you got a troublemaker?" Tony asked.

"Clint won't leave me alone. I'm taking drastic measures."

Tony snorted. 'I'll be there in five."

"Where?"

"Oh, Medical, shall we say? Won't have to drag him as far." Tony hung up.

Natasha pressed harder on his throat when Clint moved his arm. She stood up when Tony arrived with a rectangle device.

"How does it work?"

"Press the big green button."

"Show me."

"No, no, you'll do fine."

"Show me."

"No, really, I'm good." Tony backed away nervously as Natasha pressed the device into his hand and used his finger to press the green button, quickly lifting her hand away. He fell to the floor with a thud

Natasha raised an eyebrow at Clint. "You do realise I'm not stupid, da?" Clint nodded. "So why did you think I would fall for such a simple trick?"

"Because you did," Clint said, getting to his feet.

Natasha thought for a moment. Her shoulders sagged. "You told Tony to call the rest of the team here when he came."

Clint shrugged. "It's possible."

"You just can't fight fair, can you?"

"What are you suggesting?"

"You always need someone else to do your dirty work. No one expects to have an arrow through their chest."

"At least I'm don't run away."

"Oh, for God's sake, Clint, just shut up," Natasha snapped. "You said that thirty times in the past five minutes. It's getting old."

Clint smirked and Natasha frowned. She whirled around, immediately spotting Steve's blond hair bouncing as he jogged down the hall. He stopped with Bruce beside him, Thor behind him, his frame blocking the door.

"If I promise to come with you peacefully, what'll you do?" Natasha asked, mind whirling for escape plans.

"I'd say hurry up," Clint said.

Natasha grunted as she hefted Tony onto her shoulders and strode out of SHIELD Medical.

As soon as she got Tony in the car, Natasha was off, sprinting down the street. Clint was about to go after her when he realised which way she was headed.

"Leave her," he said. "She's going home."

Steve gave him an unsure glance but got in Tony's car.

Natasha beat them to the Avengers home. She was working out in the gym, pulling herself up so that her chin was an inch above the bar. Her T-shirt was only slightly damp, so it was obvious she hadn't been going for too long.