prologue

Prologue

Avery's Point Of View

    The brisk wind of the mid-summer night brushed against my face, causing the corners of my lips to turn upwards at the delightful shivers that rang through my body.

    On this day, I, Avery Maxwell, stood in the centre of the Summer carnival, analyzing  the different rides that encircled me, eager to pick just the right one to ride with my boyfriend, Eric, who was currently at the restroom. There were so many varieties to choose from. I could either be bold and choose for us to go on the roller coaster-although I was a bit afraid of heights-, or I could choose something childish like the teacups which were more safe yet just as fun.

      After much consideration, I decided that it will be much more fun to ride the roller coaster, since that'll be much better than spinning around in circles. Plus, if I got scared, Eric will be there to hold me close. Without a second thought, I walked over to the rather long line that was beside the thirty-foot ride.

     As I waited, I took my phone out and sent a quick text to Eric, telling him where exactly to meet me before I put my phone back. It didn't take long for the line to shorten to a considerable length, since every four minutes, a new set of people would enter the train, replacing the ones who had just finished riding the massive structure.

    By the time I was about almost to the front of the line, Eric had returned, and he greeted me with a soft peck on the forehead. "I see that you chose the roller coaster," he commented offhandedly after he pulled away.

   I nodded solemnly before replying with, "Yeah, I know how much you like it." I say with a smile as I looked up at him.

   Every time I looked at Eric, it's like falling in love all over again. From his blue eyes that glowed in the moonlight to his chocolate hair that was styled upwards and not to forget his thin, pink lips that tasted so good every time we kissed. Don't get me wrong, I don't just like him for his looks, but also for his sweet personality and his hilarious sense of humor.

   Eric didn't reply, he only brought his face closer to mine, causing his lips to brush against mine. Smiling, I nudge my lips into his, kissing him softly. We pulled away, once we realized that the line had moved up.

   It didn't take long for us to reach the front of the line. A teenager, probably around mine and Eric's age, stood there, his lips pulled downwards in a frown. "Uh, tickets please," the boy-whose name-tag read Harry- asked, his voice deep and thick with an English accent.

  I watched carefully as Eric hands him our tickets, before we entered the cart. Feeling the familiar feeling of fear bubbling in the pit of my stomach, I grabbed Eric's hand and held it tightly. As soon as the cart was filled, and everyone was seated and strapped in, Harry spoke.

  "Hello, welcome to the Destroyer. Please keep your hands inside at all times and whatever you do, do not take off your seat belts. Enjoy your ride," The boy with the curly hair instructed, and I noticed that he was staring right at me when he said this. I shook it off, passing it off as being delusional. Before I had time to react in any way, the ride begun.

  It started slowly at first, gently escalating up the tracks, and I breathed out. It stopped at a very high peak, before plummeting downwards once more at the speed of lightning. The screams that escaped my lips only mixed with all the other high-pitched squeals that were coming from the other patrons.

  With each scream that left my lips, Eric would squeeze my hand in reassurance. I would be lying if I said that it didn't help, but it was only a little. More and more screams spilled from my mouth as the train twisted and turned in the most unnatural ways.

  Luckily for me, the ride came to an end, and we were back to where we started. Feeling disoriented, I staggered off the cart, muttering that I would never do that again.

  An unfamiliar laugh interrupts me and I turn to see the same teen boy that worked here, what was his name again? Rory? Larry? I took a quick glance at his name tag to see that it was not Rory or Larry, but Harry. At least I was close the second time.

 "Are you laughing at me?" I spat out at the still giggling boy.

  He seemed to be surprised for awhile, before a smirk graced his lips, "Why yes, yes I am. You screamed the loudest, it was highlarious." He said cheekily, before he began to laugh again.

  I felt Eric's hand being slipped around my waist and I cuddled closer to his warm body. The boy seemed tense beside me, I looked at Eric to see that he was practically murdering Harry with his blue eyes. Then, I looked over at Harry to see that he wasn't fazed under Eric's hard glare.

  "Let's go," Eric commanded as he begin to pull me away. I stared into Harry's emerald eyes as I was being pulled away, and I made the mental agreement that I dislike him, I don't know why. He's just too confident,cocky. One would even say rude. Even though the conversation only lasted for about a minute, he still annoys me.

  "At least I wouldn't see him again," I thought as I walked away with Eric.

  If only I knew.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Vote, Comment, Share? =)

Fan me, also?

_ireland, xx