Chapter 2

When we got to the zoo, we went into the Reptile House, and stood in front of a habitat that contained a sleeping boa constrictor. "Make it move," Dudley ordered Uncle Vernon. 

He knocked on the glass with his knuckles, "Move!"

The snake didn't move so Dudley knocked on the glass harder, "Move!" He ordered. 

"He's asleep!" I told him. 

"He's boring," He said before he and his parents split up and went to other habitats. I shared a look with Harry, shaking our heads before we looked back at the snake.

"Sorry about him. He doesn't understand what it's like, lying there day after day, having people press their ugly faces in on you," Harry told the snake.

The snake suddenly looked up at us and winked. We gasped silently and I blinked, "Can you hear us?" I asked in a whisper. The snake nodded in response and Harry and I looked at each other with our jaws dropped before looking back at the snake.

"It's just . . . We've never talked to a snake before. Do you . . . I mean . . . do you talk to people often?" Harry asked which the snake shook it's head. "You're from Burma, aren't you?" I asked, "Was it nice there? Do you miss your family?"

The snake turned it's head in a direction and me and my twin followed it's gaze to see of a sign which said 'Bred in Captivity'. 

"Ohh, I see," I said. 

"That's us as well," Harry said, "We've never knew our parents, either."

"Mummy, Dad, come here!" Dudley suddenly shouted before Harry and I were knocked on the floor. I glared up at Dudley while his hands pressed against the glass. "You won't believe what this snake is doing!"

My jaw clenched tightly as I glared hard on my cousin. Then all of a sudden, the glass disappeared in front of my eyes and Dudley stumbled from where he stood, and fell into the habitat. My glare quickly dropped and I glanced at Harry to see he glanced at me as well in shock before we looked back and smiled.

But our smiles faded away as the snake got out of the habitat and it stopped in front of us, "Thankssssssss," It spoke. 

"Anytime," Me and my twin said at the same time. The snake went past up and people started to scream.

"Harry, what just happened?" I asked but he didn't have the answer so he just shook his head, blinking a few times before we turned back to Dudley as he got up. He pressed his hand up and we realized that the glass was back, making our cousin stuck inside.

He looked shock before starting to pound on the glass, "Mum, mummy!" Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon walked back over and our Aunt screamed when she saw Dudley behind the glass.

"Mum, help! Help me!" Dudley said.

Aunt Petunia pressed her hands on the glass, "My darling boy! How did you get in there?!" 

Harry and I looked at each other, grinning and we started to giggle quietly as we looked back at them. Uncle Vernon looked down at us and glared, making our grins to disappear.

Oh no.

...................

After Dudley was got out of the habitat, we headed back home. Aunt Petunia and Dudley, who was wrapped with a towel, went inside first. "It's all right. It's all right," Aunt Petunia told Dudley before they disappeared around the corner.

Uncle Vernon pushed me and Harry inside before slamming the door. He then turned back to us and grabbed my arm, "Ow!" I winced. 

"What happened?" He demanded. 

"She didn't do anything!" My twin defended me, "One minute the glass was there and then it was gone! It was like magic!"

Uncle Vernon opened the door of our closet and shoved me inside first before Harry. He closed the door and looked at us through the small bars, "There's no such thing as magic." With that said, he closed the bars as well, leaving me and my twin in near pitch black darkness.