Konoha no Kin Naruto

"Talking" 

'Thoughts' 

Flashback

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or this story. I have permission from Junior the Wolf to post this.

-------Arc 1: Waves of Change 

Chapter 1: Two Instead of One

"This is Scarecrow, report in." said a male voice over the COMM.

"Red Fan, standing by." said another male voice.

"Cherry Blossom, standing by." said a female voice.

"Whiskers, standing by." said a fourth voice, also male.

"What is your status?" asked Scarecrow.

"I have a visual of the target. Distance, ten meters." said Red Fan.

"I see it too. Five meters to target." said Whiskers.

"I can see it as well. Seven meters to target." said Cherry Blossom.

"Okay. We know we can't send Whiskers in, otherwise the target will flee. So who's willing to go?" asked Scarecrow.

"I'll go." offered Cherry Blossom. "Besides, I have a way with cats."

"I'm not surprised there, considering you have one." added Whiskers.

"Hn." grunted Red Fan.

"Enough chit-chat, we can do that later." said Scarecrow. "Let's hurry this up."

A few seconds later, a pink and red blur was seen following a small black blur. After nearly half a minute, the two blurs came to a halt. The first blur is a twelve-year-old girl with pink hair flowing down to her mid-back and green eyes, her headband keeping her hair out of her way, except for her bangs. She's clad in a red chinese-style dress with a white circle on the back, black tight shorts and blue ninja sandals. In her arms is a black cat with a red ribbon on its right ear. She's being approached by three others. One of them is keeping his distance. Otherwise, the cat will either run or attack him or the girl. He's around the girl's age, has spiky, bright blonde hair, piercing sea-blue eyes and three whisker-like marks on each cheek. His headband is tied on his forehead to help keep his unruly locks out of his eyes. He's wearing a 'kill me' orange and blue jumpsuit, which isn't really practical for a ninja to wear, and blue ninja sandals. The second is also around the girl's age, has jet-black hair and black eyes. He's wearing a blue high collar shirt with a red and white fan, his clan crest, on the back, sweatbands on his forearms, white shorts, taped shins and blue ninja sandals. His headband is also tied on his forehead. The fourth is much older, around mid to late twenties, and has spiky silver hair that seems to defy gravity. His visible right eye is black while the other is covered by his headband. He's wearing a standard jounin uniform and has a blue facemask on, covering most of his face.

"Well?" asked the blonde boy.

"Red ribbon on the right ear... yup, that's her alright." replied the jounin.

"So can we go now?" asked the raven-haired boy in a bored tone.

"Yes, we can go. Our mission is done." answered the silver-haired man.

After the four made it back and gave the cat, known as Tora, to her owner, they all felt sorry for her. She was being strangled in her owner's arms as she kept on saying how much she's missed her. They understood why she kept running away. This was the third time this week that they had to catch her. Overall, they had caught her thirteen times in the six weeks they've been a team. Over the course of those six weeks, they were getting in spars against each other and various missions that were more like chores. To put it simply, they were bored and needed something else than a simple spar or chore. One of them, the girl of the group, only wanted to be with one of the boys without the other boy being around. The two boys, however, needed something interesting to do, like learning something that's not completely boring or a better mission. Either one would do, in their opinion.