"I'll be back in a second." Ester quickly told Jake before following Sierra to the back of the room.
"Hey, is everything alright?" Ester obviously surprised her because she saw her friend jump slightly before turning around.

"Oh, Ester. Yeah, I'm just a little on edge. I had a fight with mom." She told Ester, who frowned. She couldn't possibly imagine Martha and Sierra fighting. They seemed like the best of friends.
"Oh, what happened?"

Sierra's face darkened as she sat down on a chair and crossed her arms over her chest.
"It was about Devon. Apparently he was arrested last night and Mason bailed him out, called mom and they went home." Ester's eyes widened at that information.

"And instead of torturing him and letting him know how wrong that was, mom sent him on vacation." Ester frowned at that.
"On fucking vacation in our beach house." Sierra shook her head in disbelief.

"And when I told her that I thought it was a bad idea to praise him after a night in jail, she told me to mind my own business and leave my brother alone." Ester's mouth opened.
"Like he deserves it." Sierra scoffed.

"But why would she-"
"I don't know! I remember this one time I got a parking ticket and it was like hell broke loose." She exploded. Sierra just didn't understand. She had a great relationship with her mother and she never snapped at her.

"Whatever. I just want to wrap tonight's lesson up and then go home to sleep. I'm not feeling it today at all." She sighed and Ester nodded in understanding before walking back to Jake.
.
.
.

The next morning, Ester woke up to excited knocking on her room door. She groaned when she opened her eyes and that apparently was a sign for Olivia to open the door and jump on her roommate's bed.

"What time is it?" Ester groaned, turning away from her friend.
"Like seven a.m." Olivia answered, making Ester pull her blanket over her face.
"Leave me alone, it's too early." She sighed.

"Alright, so I'm guessing you don't want to see your surprise then." Olivia said and then stood up again. Ester's eyes were open in a heartbeat and she sat up on her mattress. Oh, she was a sucker for surprises. She had a love hate relationship with them.

"What surprise?" Ester asked as she stood up and slowly followed her roommate outside.
"Someone left a surprise outside on our doorstep." Olivia answered.

"How do you know it's for me?" Ester frowned and then caught sight of it when they entered the living room, where Olivia had placed it on the coofee table.
"Oh my God." They were beautiful. Red roses, at least fifty of them.

"I don't have filthy rich friends." Her roommate said and Ester shot her a look.
"But why would anyone send me flowers?" Ester asked aloud.

"We'd find out if you'd read the attached card." Her friend rolled her eyes and watched Ester shrug before searching for the card. Once she did, she found her heart was racing.

"What are you waiting for? Open it." Olivia impatiently said.
"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" Olivia was working every Saturday in order to provide for her college classes.

"Yes, but I called and said I'd come in later due to an emergency." She simply shrugged, making Ester raise an eyebrow.
"Don't make me hurt you." Olivia warned and her friend laughed.

"Okay, okay." Ester took a deep breath and then opened the black card. Before she even finished reading, Olivia started squealing.

Not even a dozen roses can reach your beauty. - Your secret admirer

"Oh my God!" Olivia squealed another time and Ester took a step away from her. She probably should've found this situation flattering, but she couldn't help but feel a little weirded out.

"Why are you so silent? Mister handsome is making a move, isn't that exciting?" Came her roommate's curious voice. But Ester shook her head.

"I don't think it's Devon. Yeah, no it's definitely not Devon." Ester said, even though the possibility of it being him was still there. She knew Devon long enough to know he'd never do that. To her, that is. They hated each other.

"Why not? Do you have another rich guy to consider?" Olivia asked.
"Why does it have to be a rich guy?" Ester didn't see the connection.
"Girl, these are at least fifty roses and look at the fancy packaging. Do you know how expensive they are?"

When Ester shook her head, her roommate sighed.
"You're hopeless. It is definitely Devon." She said. Could it be Devon? Ester quickly shook her head again. No way.

"Whatever. I'm too tired to think about this now. We'll talk when you're home from work." Was all Ester said before leaving her friend gaping in the living room.

That was not the kind of surprise she wanted.

A/N: Who do you think it is? Any suspicions yet?

Xoxo.