[Chapter 2: Freedom]

Start from the beginning

I inquire, "And why is that?"

The pod, as A2 calls it, interjects for another mouth full of information. Useful, albeit annoying, "All YoRHa type androids have a programmed predisposition towards fulfilling and maintaining our priority objective. The protection of mankind."

The thing is only confirming what I already know. A2 doesn't care about me, it's only made to give the impression that it cares. It's only a tool, like an automated security system, it'll protect me, but it sure as hell doesn't give a damn about my feelings. Let's see if I can get more out of it.

Hmm let's see, it was talking about how I'm the last human earlier. We'll start there, "A2 if what you say is true, about me being the last one, what happened to the rest of my kind?"

The android tilts her gaze to the ground, almost as if she was deep in thought, "Command had lied to us..."

"Command?"

"Ah- forget what I said. As for the rest of your kind, I'm not even sure myself. We were told that it was the machines that wiped out the human race. That machine that turned out your lights, created by the aliens. But I don't believe that to be true." Aliens creating machines it says. Wiped out humanity it says. Absurd, what is this? A plot to a sci-fi film? Maybe I should just go along with it to avoid conflict.

"Well if that's how it is... then so be it. Say, when do you think I'll be fully healed?"

"Analysis: Estimated time, five to six weeks." The pod replies.

"You gotta be kidding me..."

"You heard the junk. You're not going anywhere, this is the easiest place to protect you." A2 asserts.

I can't stay confined up here forever, "What about the bathroom? Food? I'll have to go out sometimes you know."

"Bathroom?"

The pod answers A2's question, "Humans must defecate and urinate regularly in order to get rid of waste inside the body. The extraction of all useful components, from foods and liquids, within the digestion system, leaves the rest to be evacuated through the anus and genitalia."

"Huh? I don- ugh, Whatever the piece of trash just said, I'll take care of it, so just stay here."

A2 starts towards the door.

"Wait, how long will you be gone?" I proclaim.

"Not sure but I have to gather supplies for you and take care of some business," The android assures, "Just stay here." A2 closes the door behind her and I hear mumbling back and forth between it and the pod. Their voices get quieter till they're no longer audible.

It's just a robot, I can't get caught up in- ... well I'm not going to stay here for five or six weeks, that's for sure. As soon as I can walk...

"Mmmphmmm, pl- please," I can't do this anymore, this is disgusting, "A2, Enou- guh, enough already!" I shove A2 away with my body and throw up a mush of what tasted like fish, animal hide, and I think... is that grass?

"What's wrong? It's food, isn't it?" A2 asks sternly.

Coughing violently, I reply "That's what you think food is?"

"But I saw animals eating the same thing..."

"I'm not some wild animal that can graze fields!"

"Humans are unable to digest grass due to their lack of a bacteria called symbiont. Symbiont is required to break down the bond within cellulose, which in turn, gives a variety of animals their energy. For example, cows." The pod informs.