I snorted, and looked around the hallway. I was in the mood to be extra, so I even swooped down too, lookin at the ground and at the ceiling while miss Barbie and her little gang stood there confused.

"What are you doing?" She said, putting a hand on her hip.

I laughed to myself, "I'm tryna find this person ya talkin' to. Cuz I know it ain't me big fella."

Her face tinted pink, she was gettin embarrassed. "Excuse me? What did you just call me?"

I looked at her, "Did I stutter?"

Her mouth fell open, but she didn't say anything. Good. And I walked right on past her and her group of friends. I don't have the interest nor the time to get caught up in that white girl's drama anyway. I looked down at the the paper I was given, which had my locker number and schedule on it.

I walked up to locker 215.

"Yooo, that was crazy." A girl next to me started laughing out of nowhere.

I looked at her, and she just kept laughing, so I went back to trying to open my locker.

"I can't believe you just told off Tally like that."

I looked back at her again, "Are you talkin to me?"

She nodded, "Yeah. Who else would I be talking to?"

"Oh." I said, "Um...thanks I guess."

"I'm Flau'Jae." She said, coming closer to stand next to me with a smile.

She was dark skinned with long, dark hair. Half of it was up while the other half went to her shoulders. She had hoops in her ears and braces on her big smile, but she was cute. Like a puppy kind of cute.

So I nodded at her, "Deetranada." I looked down at her black and blue Jordan's 12, "I like yo shoes."

"Thanks," She chuckled, " I like your...face jewelry."

I nodded, "Thanks."

Once I got my locker opened, I put away stuff I wouldn't need until later, then I looked at my schedule.

"Are you new here? I've never seen you before." Flau'Jae asked.

"Yup." I  said, popping the 'p' as I glanced at my schedule. I had Physics first.

"Oh cool," She said, "What grade are you?"

"Junior. You?"

"Imma freshman." She said, looking over my shoulder at my schedule, "I can show you the science halls if you want."

"Aight bet." I smiled at her, and gave her my paper. For a freshman, Flau'Jae was pretty cool. I could hang with her.

We made a stop at her locker tho, cuz she had to get her math book. There was a crowd that gathered in the hall, and I looked over my shoulder to see a bunch of guys in Letterman's goofing around.

Pssh...this must be them jocks.

Uninterested, I turned back around to watch Flau'Jae scramble through her messy locker. I mean, I think it's only been a couple of months since school started here...why her locker look like a hurricane had been up in that joint was beyond me. 

There was the sound of someone yelling somethin, but I didn't hear it on time. I did feel the sting of a ball when it hit me in the back of my damn head though. I was hot, and I turned around instantly.

Those stupid ass boys looked wide eyed at me for a moment, and I could tell some of them wanted to laugh but too afraid to. Especially when I picked up the ball and glared in their direction.

"Who the hell threw this ball?" I yelled, tryin to stay calm but this one boy in the front was really workin my nerves. I would think he was kinda cute, with his little curly afro of dark hair and blonde at the top. But he looked like he was tryin not to laugh and all I wanted to do was nail his ass in the face with this ball.

But I'm tryin not to get in trouble on my first day.

"Imma only ask one more time," I said.

"Aye, we sorry shorty," The boy with the afro spoke up. One of his friends chuckled from behind him, "We didn't mean to hit you. C'mon, it was just fun and games."

Games? I glared at him, and he had the nerve to come walk over here. By now I already knew everyone in the hallway was watchin us, even that white girl from earlier but at this point I didn't care.

"I can always make it up for you though," He said, low enough that only I could hear him. He smirked at me, running his hands through his fro like I was really gonna fall to my knees because he was cute.

I gave him my best flirty smile, "Can you?"

He nodded, "Yeah girl, just give me your num-" He was interrupted by me shoving his basketball into his chest. And I made sure it was hard as hell.

He coughed, taking a step back while clutching his basketball. 

"Watch where you throw your ball," I said, still with that smile on my face, "Or next time I'll shove it where the sun don't shine."

Then I grabbed Flau'Jae and we walked away. 

What a great way to start school here.

Y'all like?