Chapter 1-10

Chapter 1 Together in Death

8th of March, year 2039. Night. In a luxury suite on the 19th floor of the Tian Lun Pavilion Grand Hotel.

Even though the desire had died down, but the ambiguous feeling of it still lingered around. Zhang Yang sat in his bed with his top half naked watching the bare and empty pillow on his bed, his heart filled with the inconceivable.

He came to participate... no... perhaps in other words, he came here as a final resort to stop his girlfriend's wedding. Based on only one sole reason... that is, because he was not the groom!

He and Lin Yu met each other through an online game called 'God's Miracle'. Though they first started off as enemies, they eventually got to know each other and ultimately developed feelings towards each other. However, Lin Yu's family's background was worlds apart from his. Her family had reached a point where their assets had surpassed a massive number which was in the billions. So naturally, they would not hand over their only daughter to some unheard-of man such as him!

Even then, Zhang Yang was not a poor and miserable nobody. He had a luxurious home, a few branded cars, and a few hundred thousand in his bank account. In the eyes of regular women, he was what they would deem as a bachelor with exceeding qualifications. Still, as compared to the Lin Family, there still existed a huge gap between them.

With his efforts in vain, the elders of the Lin Family treated him just as coldly. They almost chased him out of the house! The only thing that Lin Yu could do was to shed her tears for him. She could not ever agree to leave this planned marriage for his own. She only resorted to one desperate request and that was to never see her again.

Zhang Yang knew that Lin Yu was a girl who obediently respects her elders. Her mother threatened to take her own life to compel Lin Yu to go along with their wishes. That was enough reason for Lin Yu to accept the hand in marriage between the equally wealthy Liu Family's only son, Liu Wei! In fact, the marriage should have been held 3 or 4 years back. It was only delayed because of Lin Yu's constant struggle. But right now, it was obvious that her struggle had come to an end.

Zhang Yang withdrew quietly from Lin Yu's wedding and went back to his hotel room. His heart fell into the depths of despair as he thought of his beloved who would become someone else's wife. He went to have a dull drink before retiring to his room completely drunk. In the midst of it, he received a call. He could not recall what he said but not long after that, a woman came into his room and laid on his bed.

Zhang Yang was so incredibly drunk that he instantly went into 'action' when the both of them embraced each other. As the situation developed, Zhang Yang sobered up and realized that he recognized the woman who he was entangled with. It was the person who taught him Chinese Studies back in university, Miss Yu Li!

Eventually, Yu Li too recognized Zhang Yang. They ended their 'session' as they were both unimaginably abashed. But as compared to him, Yu Li was more embarassed than he was. She became a hostess but bumped into her old student. This made her feel ashamed, resulting in her bolting out of the room without even bothering to collect her payment.

With the mark left on his chest where Yu Li kissed him, Zhang Yang shook his head as he struggled to get the thoughts of this one night stand out of his mind.

But still, why would Yu Li give up her job as a teacher to sell herself to a hotel to become a hostess? There were many possibilities for her to do so. Perhaps a teacher's salary was insufficient, or perhaps she had bad luck in making acquaintances and was forced by her boyfriend or husband to do this. Or perhaps she needed the financial help to pay for her parent's illness...

Zhang Yang did not have much left in him to think about Yu Li because right now, while he was sober, he was being tortured by the pain in his heart. In his mind, there was only one person he could think of. Lin Yu.