QE: 22

"No, no! I'm happy that you're back! ecstatic even." Meliodas immediately answered, completely shocked that the Queen thought that way.

"Then why.." Elizabeth didn't even want to continue, knowing that she might cry. 

"I just.." Meliodas trailed off, "I did something in that mission that I can't bring myself to do for years." After that, Meliodas looked away, feeling disappointed in himself. Did it really take a life and death situation to do that?

"The kiss?" Elizabeth continued his unfinished sentence, smiling at Meliodas with a little blush on her cheeks. She remembers it all, like a dream that wouldn't just get away from her thoughts. 

Meliodas' face turned red, even with the darkness, you could still see his complexion with the light of the moon.

"You.. saw?" Meliodas asked, trying not to face her. Making him move his body. Elizabeth giggled at how he acted and nodded. "Yes, I did." 

With that, silence filled the room again. Meliodas, not in his normal nature, was being shy and didn't know how to act properly. 

Elizabeth noticed this and continued to smile, "Remember that little girl I talked to the day I got attacked?" 

Meliodas nodded, still not looking at her. "Well, She asked me why I didn't have a king around me.", "I said I didn't have time to get a man." Her last sentence made Meliodas tense. Did that mean that Elizabeth wouldn't accept his feelings?

Elizabeth reached her hand to his shoulder and turned Meliodas slightly for him to at least get a look at her. When he did, she was smiling and had a tint of pink on her cheeks.

"Meliodas, I didn't need to get a man." Meliodas prepared himself for the next thing she was going to say, he expected her to say that she was an independent woman that didn't need a man. Well, what he thought was right. Elizabeth was an independent woman that--

"I already have you." 

That took Meliodas off guard and was frozen for a few seconds. Meliodas didn't know how to feel, he didn't know what to say. 

"I love you, Meliodas." Then and there, Meliodas processed everything in a second. Then, he broke down. Tears streamed down his face, inaudible sobs, and Elizabeth looking at him softly, her hand still on his shoulder. 

"I wouldn't know what I would do if I lost you." Meliodas said in between sobs. Elizabeth softly pulled him into a hug that engulfed him in Elizabeth's warmth.

Meliodas was vulnerable, his feelings, his heart open. Right at this moment, Elizabeth knew that he was at his limit. The limit of feeling loss. 

Meliodas didn't care if he looked unmanly like. Crying into a woman's arms isn't what you really call manly to others. But Meliodas didn't care, neither did Elizabeth. 

To Elizabeth, Meliodas crying didn't compare to what he's been through his life. She knew, she knew that her job was to comfort the demon that had placed his trust unto her to be there in his time of need. 

"I'm sorry I left you.. I promised that I wouldn't." Elizabeth said softly, she wasn't crying, she was calm and comforting. She knows that of she did cry, it wouldn't really help.

Elizabeth remembered when she told Meliodas that she didn't want to see him cry. But this was a stretch, It's been years. She let this one go. 

With a few minutes, Sobbing had died down. Meliodas had stopped, Elizabeth moved, checking to see if Meliodas is okay. But what she saw instead made her smile widely. Meliodas was sleeping.

Elizabeth couldn't help but giggle and kissed his forehead ad decided to sleep in their position. 

What both didn't know, Ban accidentally got there before they had gotten to sleep while he was walking around to see if anyone was in the castle roaming around that's not him. Thinking that someone probably heard the piano playing and someone entered the castle.

 He entered the room chuckling, "These two~" Ban then carried Elizabeth bridal style and Meliodas slung over his shoulder. Other would find this creepy, but it was completely coincidental.

He then walked to the hall way, when he passed King's room, King suddenly opened the door. "What the hell are you doing?" King asked, what he was seeing was completely out of the ordinary.

"Taking them to bed." Ban answered casually, King just sighed, "Need help?" 

Ban tossed Meliodas to King which he effortlessly caught. King took Meliodas to his room and Ban took Elizabeth to hers. 

When Ban left the room, he saw King. "We're expecting a wedding, aren't we?" King asked with a smirk. 

"Let's wait until he proposes." Ban smirked along with King as they went to their rooms ad decided to go back to sleep.

~~~

This is short oops :>