Chapter 8 - Repayment

Start from the beginning

The teacher shrugged and marked an "A" next to your name on the attendance sheet, before sending a student down to the office with it.

Ten minutes later, that same student walked back into the class and turned the TV on. Flipping through the channels despite the teacher's protest, they stopped on the local news station.

"Just watch." They said, sitting back down in their seat. The news station, channel 9, was broadcasting live from the city's courtroom, alongside news crews from other major stations.

In the courtroom was the 'Trial of the Century'. The trial of Jeff the Killer.

And on screen, to everyone's shock, fighting for him, was (y/n).

~~~

"There is no statue of limitations on MURDER!" The judge stressed the final word in her sentence, directing it at both Jeff and you.

"Well, why the fuck not?!" Jeff slammed his cuffed hands down on the table.

You motioned your hands to shush him. When that didn't work, your elbow connected with his ribs.

"While he may have killed quite a few people-" You started.

"Few being a gross understatement." Someone yelled, interrupting you.

"As I was saying, has anyone bothered to look into the pasts of those people? They all had criminal records but were never brought to justice. All he, and the rest of those serial killers, do is bring overdue justice to the people who've wronged others."

"It doesn't matter what they did to deserve it, it is still murder!"

As anyone could predict, many arguments were thrown back and forth over the course of a few hours.

Finally, as the jury was about to pass a death sentence on Jeff, you managed to shock them into stopping.

"Wait, this is human law, correct?" You asked.

"Of course it is!" The judge snapped.

"So logically, it wouldn't apply to someone who wasn't human?"

Silence, the whispering, occurred across the courtroom.

"What are you implying, that he's not human? Look at him, he clearly is!" The Judge snapped.

"And if he isn't? What can you do, the law won't apply to him."

"Then we'd probably send him off to a medical research lab to find out what he is!"

"Well, he's not human. That's all I know."

"Do you have any possible way to back up your claim?"

"Yeah, Ill have to go, ah, get something though."

The judge declared a forty-five minute recess, which gave you more than enough time for you to sprint back to your home and talk to any of the others that were there.

Inside the tv room was not only Slender's pack, but who you assumed to be Razorback's master and a white-haired proxy, who just watched everyone in the room and didn't talk. All were watching the Tv, tuned into the channel with the trial. Slender was talking to a tall, reptilian-like demon, whose head crest was slightly raised, as if curious or annoyed.

"Slender, can I, um, talk to you please? Just for a minute..." You asked, uncomfortable with the look the reptilian demon was giving you.

"Just a moment please, Skinwalker. I believe I know what is needed."