Words unspoken during a Double Event

Magsimula sa umpisa

    “Did you and Chuck talk?” I turned to face Raleigh, who was leaning against the door.

    “A little, yea.” It was my turn to burry my hands in my pockets and kick dirt.

    “I don‘t want to get back with him, Raleigh.” I said honestly, looking up at him and locking eyes with him.

    “It‘s you.” A small smile quirked on the edge of his lips as he pushed himself off the wall and walked over to me.

    “It‘s always been you.”

    I set my hands on his chest when his wrapped around my waist. Dipping his lips to mine, they met in a sweet kiss that I returned eagerly. It quickly turned hotter as his hands roamed lower, grabbing my ass and pulling it into him. I retaliated by sucking his bottom lip into my mouth, running my tongue along it slowly. Raleigh’s whole being shook lightly and his grip tightened as he started taking steps to push me back onto his mattress.

    Double Event occurring. Two Kaiju signatures rising from the breach. Both Category 4, Codenames: Otachi and Leatherback. All Jeager Rangers are to report to the LOCCENT Room. All other personel, report to your respectable Jaegers and await orders.

    Raleigh moved from the kiss first but didn’t move from my grip. We listened to the announcement with horror obvious on our faces. It was happening. It was happening.

    “Come on!” He grabbed my hand and we quickly headed to the LOCCENT room, along with a few other LOCCENT personel.

    When we finally got there, there was huge crowd of people that was so big it all couldn’t fit in the tiny control room. I tightened my hold on Raleigh’s hand and pulled him through the crowd.

    “Marshall, is it true? A double event?” I shouted after we’d parted the still growing crowd in the room to stand at the front. I emerged standing between the Russians and the Australians.

    “Two of those things?” Raleigh asked, sounding a little breathless. I squeezed his hand, knowing that he must be feeling a little intimidated by all the people here.

    “I‘m deploying Cherno Alpha, Crimson Typhoon and Glory Ranger.” I perked at the sound of my Jaeger’s name.

    “Striker can take those two out, no problem, sir.” Chuck said cockily, taking a step forward as he talked.

    “I need Striker for the Breach. And Gipsy is grounded for the time being.” Before Raleigh or Mako, who had also emerged from the crowd, could pipe up, the Marshall stomped out any retort from the two.

    “Kaidonovsky‘s, Wei‘s and Miss. Yale, report to your Jaegers.” The Marshall looked us all in the eye, landing lastly on me and giving me a nod.

    My whole body buzzed, hummed even. I was ready to get back in my Jaeger and prove myself. Going on a run with such famous pilots made my heart skip for joy. 

    “I‘ll have a headset on, I‘ll be here.” Raleigh said as he walked with me to my Jaeger.

    “Okay.” I said shakily, my excitement shaking my nerves a little.

    “You can do this, Lila.” He reassured, stopping just short of the bay to grab my face in his hands and make my stormy grey eyes look up at him shining with all the doubt and joy that was going through me.

    “Just remember your training. And if Glory tries to take over too much, shut her down.”

    “Got it.” I nodded, not being very effective at it with his hands still on my face.