The Reaping

Today was the day that everyone dreaded. It was reaping day. I got out my dress which was a white dress with ruffles. I put my hair up in a bun. My mother walks in. "Are you ready Lulu?" She asks me. I can see the look on her face is miserable. My mother hated the reaping even more then me. At least she had no chance of going in to the hunger games. The first quarter quell. The trick of the quarter quell is that two people from one family are picked. Why would President Snow do something as evil as that. Make two family members kill one another, well if they were the last two.

 I check in on my little sister Rose who's getting ready in the bathroom. "You look very pretty Rose." Her hair is down and I go over and start fixing it for her. "Thank you Lulu. You look gorgeous." I give a smile. I braid her bangs back and pin them but keep her hair down. "You like it?" I ask Rose. She looks up at me and says "No, I love it." She smiles back at me. But then suddenly her smile turns into a frown. The horn has gone off and its time to go.

 I stand in between other girls who are my age. Fifteen.Our district is district 5. I search my eyes for Rose. I find her standing with the girls who are her age. Rose is thirteen. She doesn't look as nervous as last year at her first reaping.

 Verbal Allenson appears on the stage. Her black long hair is up in a pony tail as usual. "Welcome district 5!" She yells into the microphone. "This year will be far more interesting then the regular Hunger Games, this year is the first Quarter Quell! Now the trick is that two people from one family are chosen! Now the votes are in!" She says enthusiastically. Everyone is dead silent at this part. The only thing I can hear is my heart pounding in my chest. 

 "This years tributes are...Lulu Recklon and Tyren Stalite!"