Chapter Twenty Five

Beginne am Anfang

The skies were still quite bright and she thought it wouldn't hurt to drop by and say hi to the basketball team.

She pushed the door slightly ajar and peeked inside, being greeting by the insane amount of testosterone oozing from the sweaty boys.

Careful not to disrupt their practice match, she quietly walked towards the bench on the other court and took a seat.

The Rakuzan gymnasium was particularly big, with high ceilings, two normal sized basketball courts and a reasonable number of bleachers towering over them. Nothing less from a prestigious high school.

She heard the shrilling sound of the coach's whistle, and watched as the boys wearily made their way towards the benches.

She was just about to head towards them when a familiar boy with short blonde hair noticed her first.

"Hamasaki-channnn~" a voice sang excitedly. The tall boy had his arms wide open, racing to the girl with a stupid grin on his face.

He pulled her into a big, tight hug and she she swears he could easily crush her if he could. The blonde boy's sweat transferred onto her uniform and she immediately pushed him back in disgust.

"Hayama-senpai, let go. You're sweating," she pleaded, swatting her clothes down to rid herself of any stains.

He stumbled back dramatically and pouted his lips, even fake crying a little.

"But, I missed you!" he chirped, causing her to roll her eyes and laugh.

"I don't miss you though," she joked, attempting to put on a serious face.

He frowned and crossed his arms, getting ready to attack her with another hug.

That wasn't until a deep voice cut him off.

"Kotaro,"

With one word, the blond boy immediately cowered in defeat, pouting as he walked back to the rest of the team.

She stared as a sweaty red-head made his way towards her. He ran his fingers through his hair and swung a towel over the back of his neck.

"Sayuri, what are you doing here?" he asked in his usual monotonous voice. She mentally scolded herself for staring too long and met him halfway.

"A-Ah, I finished some council work early and thought I'd watch you guys practice before going home," she explained, giving him a small smile.

He sighed, "You need to stop waiting for me every day and get some rest," he scolded.

"I'm not waiting for you! I just really wanted to see how y'all are doing. Y'know with the Winter Cup coming and all that..." she hoped he would buy her excuse but she doubted that something so obvious could escape his emperor eye.

"Go on, keep practicing. Just imagine I'm not here," she added, pushing the red head's chest slightly towards his team.

Seriously, since when did he get so toned?!

"I can't do that," he mumbled quietly, just enough for her to hear. She raised an eyebrow, "What?"

"Nothing... anyways, I was just about to dismiss them. We've been practicing too much. They need a break," he said as he pulled the towel from his neck from one side.

She nodded, "Okay! Be right back, I'll get you guys some drinks," she offered, sprinting towards the door before he could even protest.

She slowed down to the sight of the vending machine and noticed a tall figure already standing beside it.